• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rooting/Unknown sources

Psychorf

Lurker
Aug 2, 2011
Hey guys! I'm a new user to this forum, as well as a new user to Android. I received my first android phone about a week ago, and after reading around a bit, I've decided I want to root my phone. I've already found step-by-step instructions specifically for my phone, the Motorola Flipside. I know this isn't one of the high market android phones, but I decided to give it a shot. I downgraded from an iPhone 3GS after deciding it wasn't really my "taste".. at all. Anyway, basically I'm trying to figure out whether or not I will be able to download .apk files to the phone once I root it. From the forum I just looked at, it says after the root SuperUser will automatically be installed to my phone. Will this allow me to enable unknown sources? I also did a google search and found that if I install a custom ROM I will be able to install non-market apps to my phone. Is this true? If so, could someone give me step-by-step instructions on how to install a custom ROM? Again, my phone is a Motorola Flipside. Any help would be absolutely great! Thanks in advance ;)

Hey guys! I'm a new user to this forum, as well as a new user to Android. I received my first android phone about a week ago, and after reading around a bit, I've decided I want to root my phone. I've already found step-by-step instructions specifically for my phone, the Motorola Flipside. I know this isn't one of the high market android phones, but I decided to give it a shot. I downgraded from an iPhone 3GS after deciding it wasn't really my "taste".. at all. Anyway, basically I'm trying to figure out whether or not I will be able to download .apk files to the phone once I root it. From the forum I just looked at, it says after the root SuperUser will automatically be installed to my phone. Will this allow me to enable unknown sources? I also did a google search and found that if I install a custom ROM I will be able to install non-market apps to my phone. Is this true? If so, could someone give me step-by-step instructions on how to install a custom ROM? Again, my phone is a Motorola Flipside. Any help would be absolutely great! Thanks in advance ;)

I know this is a little late but super one click will root the flipside and also has an option for instaling apks from unknown sources Ive used this on my Flipside running 2.2.2 as well as my Huawei Ascend M860 running 2.2.2 hope this will help someone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones