• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting w/ Dj07...do i need to do anything differntly than w/ DE03?

D

Deleted User

Hi there...

I know this may be basic stuff, but just need to check to make sure i dont F it up. thanks in advance for the help.

Just got a new moment because i fried my old one updating to Dj07. Old one had rooted stock 2.1 with krims's custom kernel (did root with video from this board and did kernel in the kitchen).

New phone has stock baseband - Dj07 and Kernel-2.6.29. I would like to now root the new phone with a custom kernel (any suggestions on best kernel to save battery also would be helpful). ...do i need to do anything differently?

Thanks for the help.

Hi there...

I know this may be basic stuff, but just need to check to make sure i dont F it up. thanks in advance for the help.

Just got a new moment because i fried my old one updating to Dj07. Old one had rooted stock 2.1 with krims's custom kernel (did root with video from this board and did kernel in the kitchen).

New phone has stock baseband - Dj07 and Kernel-2.6.29. I would like to now root the new phone with a custom kernel (any suggestions on best kernel to save battery also would be helpful). ...do i need to do anything differently?

Thanks for the help.

here you go:
*OFFICIAL* SPH-M900_MR4_DJ07_REL.tar.md5 *** DATA LOCKUP SOMEWHAT FIXED!***

the custom kernal is included because stock dj07 will delete any custom recovery on reboot. so flash this, then you can go back and add a different kernal if you so please.

the short how to is here:
http://androidforums.com/moment-all-things-root/163034-simple-root-instructions.html

just replace the tar with the one you dl from the first link. should work just fine.

Upvote 0
here you go:
*OFFICIAL* SPH-M900_MR4_DJ07_REL.tar.md5 *** DATA LOCKUP SOMEWHAT FIXED!***

the custom kernal is included because stock dj07 will delete any custom recovery on reboot. so flash this, then you can go back and add a different kernal if you so please.

the short how to is here:
http://androidforums.com/moment-all-things-root/163034-simple-root-instructions.html

just replace the tar with the one you dl from the first link. should work just fine.

Thanks a ton for the help. i really appreciate it.

Upvote 0
I just recently updated to DJ07. I just had a few questions before I root this thing.

I have the lite updater instead of the regular updater on my computer. Should I download the regular updater before I load the new file? I noticed the extensions are different, then new one has .md5 at the end. Can I just add .md5 to the file name?

Upvote 0
Having problems with drivers, anyone know of what I can do? I've already tried un/reinstalling everything/deleting reg files, ect. I get to the last screen for the SW Upgrade and it freezes @ '2 sec.....0%'

Bottom left reads: ????????????????? %A ?????????????????

And my phone ends up bricked, so I have to reflash to stock on my laptop, where the drivers are properly working for some unknown reason. [Problems are on my main machine, a desktop]

Upvote 0
Having problems with drivers, anyone know of what I can do? I've already tried un/reinstalling everything/deleting reg files, ect. I get to the last screen for the SW Upgrade and it freezes @ '2 sec.....0%'

Bottom left reads: ????????????????? %A ?????????????????

And my phone ends up bricked, so I have to reflash to stock on my laptop, where the drivers are properly working for some unknown reason. [Problems are on my main machine, a desktop]

Joe_news,
I got "news" for you :p. I had the exact same problem. Here's what I did to get my Moment back from brickhood:

1. Uninstall from Control Panel (Add/Remove) anything that has SAMSUNG in the file name. Also do a search for "SAMSUNG" in your computer and registry and get rid of all these files and folders

2: Download the latest Updater app from Sprint. It's called upgrade_lite with a version # 1.0.025.

2. Run upgrade_lite and install the DJ07 Stock version.

3. Reboot your phone and sync your contacts

4. Now find a copy of the old SW Updater (CL14) and install it.

5. Download a copy of recovery_311 and install it using the old updater. You have to replace the existing tar file in the "Binary" folder with the recovery file.

6. Now find a ROM that you like (I use Amstel 2.0) and save it in the root folder of your microsd card. You will find many here: Moment - Kernels, Kitchens and Roms

7. Shut down your phone and boot into recovery by holding down the "Volume" + "Talk" + "End" button

8. In Recovery 3.1.1, select "Apply zip from SD Card" and choose the ROM zip file you downloaded. It will take several mins so have patience.

9. Reboot to the system and sync contacts again. Usually after syncing, I reboot a few more times to make sure everything is working in order. You may download an app called Quickboot that allows you to quickly reboot or go into recovery mode without having to hold down the buttons. You will now have a rooted phone with custom ROM.

Hopefully the above steps will work for you as it did for me. I was stuck yesterday with the ????%A??? issue and spent almost 5-6 hours scouring through SDX and other websites to get my phone working again. For the files needed in the above steps, search in SDX and all the files are there.

Reactions: joe_news
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones