Rooting with unrEVOkd3 and APP2SD+

Last Updated:

1. jackie_jagger

jackie_jagger Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hey guys,

I've decided to root my STOCK unlocked HTC DESIRE 2.2 with the latest OTA firmware upgrade...

I just have few doubts, I understand the unrEVOkd software is more like a "one-click" root solution..I like the standard Stock ROM, just want it root for APP2SD+

Q1: Is that all or do I need to have some other preparations? any additional software etc.?

Q2: as soon as I root the device, will I get APP2SD+ or is there a guide I have to follow?

Q3. I believe all my user data will be left untouched after to root, and it wouldn't be like a factory reset or so.

Thanks in advance guys

Cheers
    Jackie

Advertisement
  2. HTCandroid

HTCandroid Well-Known Member

If your on windows you will have to install boot drivers, they are on the unrevoked site.

You don't get apps2sd automatically, mine was part of a Rom I flashed. You need to format memory card to fat32 and partition to ext3 to prepare it, I followed the guide on leedroids thread on xda developers site.

I kept all my data but you might want to take note of anything important in case.

Sorry if I make no sense i just woke up haha

3. jackie_jagger

oh I coudn't find anything on the unrevoked website, and cannot see anything regarding app2sd+ and leedroids on xda !

4. HTCandroid

HTCandroid Well-Known Member

public:unrevoked3 [RootWiki] - lil bit of info and link to the drivers needed for windows.

[FroYo Sense] LeeDrOiD V2.1 (14/09 l Official 2.2 l FAST l STABLE l OPTIONAL A2SD+) - xda-developers - 2nd post under the title Partitioning your SD Card ready for A2SD+. info on preparing your memory card for a2sd+

As for installing a2sd+ i guess you flash it on, as i said it was including in the leedroid rom for me so didnt have to do that part so cant help there. Also i know you said you like the stock, but you can get rom's that are pretty much the same but with extra's that make it a lil better, for me atleast. Leedroid rom is an example

5. jackie_jagger

I'll take a look into these links..thanks a million !!