Rooting with Unrevoked 3 on MAC

1. PrestonPappaw

PrestonPappaw New Member

I am attempting to root my US Cellular HTC Desire (running the updated 2.2 version of Froyo from HTC/US Cell). The unrevoked app ran fine and my phone booted twice and the unrevoked app said it was getting root... Then suddenly I got an error message: Can't get root. Is your firmware too new? Phone rebooted to what I guess was recovery mode and appears to be fine, just unable to be rooted? Any suggestions.

One thing -- I did try to root it on my PC at home last night and of course used the HBOOT USB drivers I downloaded, but Gizmodo's fact sheet left out something -- what was I suppose to do after I successfully updated the drivers through device manager? It said to plug your phone in again -- there was no steps between updating the drivers to pluging your phone in "AGAIN" it was "STILL" plugged in from updating the drivers. I finally did a reboot of the HBOOT and power off. Phone back on and all was fine then too. So - not sure if that had anything to do with being unable to run unrevoked on my MAC at work today?

I read about selecting Disk mode instead of Charge only mode when running unrevoked -- will this help?

Advertisement
    :
  2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

moving to desire root section
  3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

NightAngel79 likes this.
  4. MandaNick

MandaNick Well-Known Member

PrestonPappaw, please keep checking the thread posted by SUroot. I will be updating the status of the AlpharevX effort there. Also, if you come across any more information on the subject, please post it there.