Rooting X10

Last Updated:

1. soldiers33

soldiers33 New Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Stuu

Stuu Well-Known Member

I done that exact thing. Root, Install titanium back up, uninstall things you dont want (be carefull what you uninstall).

I had a few problems uninstalling vodafone branded "crap". Spoke to the developer of Titanium backup. Now he has added a option thats called "chuck norris mode" (which is in the preferences) that removes specially protected items, ensure that is ticked, to successfully uninstall provider bloatware.

Good Luck

3. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

Besides the ability to delete the AT&T bloat wear, which is a good reason all by itself, what else does root accomplish and why do people root and stay rooted?

Also, I know rooting voids the warranty, but if you root, delete bloat wear and unroot, does that still void the warranty? I'm thinking yes it does, but hey, I'm a noob, well maybe a senior noob now, lol!

4. darthlinux

darthlinux Well-Known Member

I am considering rooting my X10, I have watched the video and it looks simple enough, can I brick the phone by rooting the x10 or can it be restored?

I am a little worried that my phone will become unsable if the rooting doesn't work or I mess it up.

5. TheManWithAPlan

TheManWithAPlan Well-Known Member

well u can have problems starting up which can be fixed.. happen 2 me once but wasnt a problem. that was ages ago.. now we have a .apk file, 1 click root! simple as it can get lol

6. TheManWithAPlan

TheManWithAPlan Well-Known Member

not sure about the whole warranty thing, but few reasons why people root their x10

1) can access files on their x10 that they couldnt earlier
    2) install apps that they couldnt before such as adfree, barnacle wifi tether, etc..
    3) use more functions of apps such as titanium backup to not jus backup apps but also data
    4) backup apk files of 'system apps' which you cant do without root
    5) customise their x10 to their liking
    6) you can also remove stock apps (although their are apps such as mediascape/timescape that are somehow linked to something else so removal causes slight side effects! dodgy sony lol)

hope this info helps

gunny5821 likes this.
  7. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

@ Stuu FPMSL Chuck Norris Mode! I heard he was so hard that he once done a roundhouse kick and kick the person in the back of the face! :D

@ Gunny, if your with AT&T then have a look on XDA as the root process on there is more indepth and will actualy flash a generic firmware to your phone and this will allow you to side load apps as AT&T locked that option.

But ask the devs on there via pm if there is a generic AT&T rom as if you root you wont be able to go back to AT&Tware with out their rom! So be warned :)

gunny5821 likes this.