Rooting

Last Updated:

1. dmbfan041

dmbfan041 Active Member This Topic's Starter

What exactly happens when I root with universal androot? I don't think I'm going to need any ROM's would just be nice to get some of the root exclusive apps. If I don't add any ROM's or anything it isn't risky or anything right.

Advertisement
  2. muab

muab Well-Known Member

I rooted using Universal Androot and it was simple and painless. Took literally 1 minute.
    Changing ROM's etc... is where all the trickiness develops.

However, if your phone is running Android 2.2 FRG22D Universal Androot shouldn't work on it.
    You would have to root manually using the instructions on this forum on how to root.

3. dmbfan041

dmbfan041 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Oh really they haven't fixed that yet?

4. patch

patch Well-Known Member

Well it's more that Google fixed the security hole that Androot and Easy Root exploited ;)

Don't expect anything anytime soon unless there is a new exploit discovered.

5. kidon

kidon Well-Known Member

I recommend rooting manually, partly because it makes you more familiar with your phone and the android OS. It's not as hard as it looks.

6. muab

muab Well-Known Member

The OP has no choice. Whether he/she desired to or not if they want root it's gonna be the manual method.

7. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

As long as it works correctly.

Not everyone has the wherewithal to follow directions to the T, and mistakes do happen - such as accidentally skipping a crucial step.

If something breaks, that is when, as a new users, you start to feel the advanced stages of "OMFGWTF just happened???!?"