• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ROSE version 0.1.7 - WHAT IS THIS APP??

I was going through my apps to see what was old and I could delete. I see an app that I have never seen before called ROSE that is 447MB and I didn download it, nor does it show up when I am looking at the list of all my apps, only when I am in Application manager.

What is it? Do i need it? Can I delete it?
Thanks!

I looked and dont see that. Check out the attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-05-00-05-14.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-05-00-05-14.png
    404.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_2016-01-05-00-05-18.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-05-00-05-18.png
    483.2 KB · Views: 53
Upvote 0
That's really weird. I'm running Android 5.1.1 through CyanogenMod 12.1, and I get the names of the apks displayed right under the app names.

I sometimes use an app called App Master which should give you the apk name. The plan is to find out the name of the apk and then do a Google or Bing search on the apk name.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
2016-03-09 21.11.32.png
I use the same device (s6 edge) on the same software. I have the same app listed in my application manager as an application that I've downloaded. I never really noticed it there until just recently, and the only thing that I've done differently is use my Gear VR headset, not sure if it's related at all to that. I can't really find any specific info on it though, so.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also, if anyone knows what the hell the "when we land" application is all about...I would love to know
View attachment 102274 I use the same device (s6 edge) on the same software. I have the same app listed in my application manager as an application that I've downloaded. I never really noticed it there until just recently, and the only thing that I've done differently is use my Gear VR headset, not sure if it's related at all to that. I can't really find any specific info on it though, so.....

Upvote 0
Both appear to be able to uninstall, what happens when you do?
Does it return?
If so, you've got a malicious app on your phone.
Run in Safe Mode, figure out by process of elimination which one is the culprit.
Also, if you're installing all of your apps from the Google Play Store, check the permissions of each app,especially the free games, app cleaners, RAM optimizers, etc......
Those are the typical culprits which install Crapware without your prompt.

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones