Rosetta Stone question

Last Updated:

1. TrumpetMan

TrumpetMan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know this is probably a strange question but, I'm trying to learn Korean and would love to have Rosetta Stone on my phone to study to and from work; would this be possible if I had a large enough SC card?

Advertisement
  2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I'm not sure but is Rosetta Stone a app or is it just some audio/video file? If it's a video then yes you could watch it on your Incredible but if it's a Windows application it won't work.

3. Logic

Logic Banned

I am pretty sure Rosetta Stone is a windows or mac application. Therefore a phone couldn't run it unless you are remoting to your home desktop or something. So I would say no this is not possible unless you use remote desktop to log into your home computer from your phone.

If you are trying to learn a language I would download Pimsleur somewhere which is audio only and listen to it on your phone and use Rosetta stone at home.

4. joeybcdt

joeybcdt Member

Yes. Rosetta Stone comes with an audio file. Load it just as you would any music. I filed mine in itunes as an audiobook.

5. TrumpetMan

But I'm guessing you can't load the interactive part of Rosetta Stone? I already paid lik $200 for the program so I was hoping to get the most out of it.

6. nelsonnebraska

nelsonnebraska New Member

It is possible and i am using it since a long time. Rosetta Stone is like having a personal tutor come to my house whenever it is convenient for me. I am learning Spanish faster through it which I was unable to do with other programs.

7. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

There would have to be an actual app to use any of the interactive stuff.

8. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

Nope, sorry. As mentioned, Rosetta Stone is a Window's program (or maybe you have the mac version) and will not run on Android. And seeing as how there isn't even an iPhone app for it yet, I wouldn't hold my breath for an Android app.

Honestly, they will probably never make app's for this. The software is very expensive and they would want the same, or almost the same, amount for their app. Also, the files would be way too large to store on a phone.

9. contractorwolf

contractorwolf New Member

I have to disagree, it should be possible. I understand that the software is a lot of data (currently learning polish using Rosetta stone). If you are loading in on a PC it makes sense to load all of that data onto the machine at once, that way you are not needing to leave the disc in the drive all the time. But each lession is mostly just a few images and audio. If you would just have the app manage the downloading of just the question you are currently working on it would be possible.

10. contractorwolf

contractorwolf New Member

Not to mention the ability to have the most accurate translation material, and as someone who uses Rosetta stone (and paid the $180) I think it would be better is I could use my Motorola xoom with a headset plugged in on my couch instead of lugging my laptop out every time.

11. jamaljan

jamaljan Member

is there nothing that can be done to run rosetta stone on a tablet? :(

12. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Afraid not. Perhaps contact rosetta stone and ask if/when they may release an app

13. Riche101

Riche101 VIP Member VIP Member

Rosetta Stone are in the process of making stand alone Apps for IPhone and Android

NightAngel79 likes this.
  14. jamaljan

jamaljan Member

thanks. a link would be very useful plz :)

15. Riche101

No link to give you

16. TrumpetMan

Anyone know if there are any updates on this app; I can't find anything.

17. Sulfur

Sulfur Well-Known Member

18. Riche101

You can now get it on android you must have a full licensed version too use it.

Plz be careful and do not but via Ebay or Amazon as they will more than likely be fake and 2MSN hand ones will not work. If you are serious about learning its worth the money