Round 2 of Annoying things!Support

Last Updated:

1. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Everytime I update an app (doesn't matter which one), I get a PHONE STORAGE SPACE IS LOW message that pops up! I wish the phone had something that will say what is taking up so much space for this message to pop up!

Here lately I have been getting a similiar pop up and its telling me TEXT MESSAGE MEMORY IS FULL and cannot receive incoming texts!!! Really? What is this all about? I have my limit set to 300 text messages and 100 MMS messages. Now is that 300 total or is 300 per person? If its total then perhaps I should delete some of my text threads then which I did. I powered the phone off and then back on and both those messages left my screen.

Before 2.2 I used to ask why doesn't the camera flash come on as a light in video camera mode. Now with 2.2 the flash does come on in video mode but what if you don't want it on? How do you turn it off? I wanted to record something in Church today and I couldn't because the light came on! LOL!

I have some of my Apps in folders for example I have one called Media and it has my video player, iheart radio etc., For some reason it will put 2 of the same apps in the same folder! I have no idea why? I have to go through and drag one of the 2 down to the trash can! Such an annoyance!

Sliding the screens left to right or right to left seems sluggish too. This was supposed to be fixed with the update.

I think I should do a Factory Data reset on the phone. Now before I do that, I DO have those boxes checked in my privacy settings for back up my data and automatic restore. That will back up apps I have purchased too right? The only thing I am worried about is my an app called Note Everything will it back up all the information I have listed in there too? If not, I will have to purchase the pro version that includes a way to back up your info.

Advertisement
  2. jdailey1981

jdailey1981 Well-Known Member

If yo are rooted, use cachecleaner. If no, get Quick System Info Pro, its free, and go under applications, press menu & hit clear cache. A cluttered cache is a big part of why these messages come up, along with an almost full inbox.

3. Chuck1906

Thanks I will give that a shot!

4. Chuck1906

@Jdailey I noticed when I hit the clear cache button it says it will permanently erase info from my phone. Do I really want to do this? What info will be erased by hitting the Clear Cache button? I downloaded that app you mentioned but then I saw that message when I was about to clear out the cache!

Thanks!