Round Battery Meter from BakedSnack in Other ROMs?

Last Updated:

1. PSULightingGuy

PSULightingGuy Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I'm finally settling down on a ROM configuration I like. I'm currently using the following:

DamageControl 3.2.3
    DroidX Boot Screen
    Rotary Lockscreen
    ADW Launcher

It's a great combination, but the one thing I miss right now came from the BakedSnack 9.6 ROM and that's the 6 segmented round battery meter in the status bar. Anyone know how to get that or at least something better than the default battery icon?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. dgaf98

dgaf98 Well-Known Member

hey sorry to ask this in your thread but how did you get rotary lock?

3. thegame3202

thegame3202 Well-Known Member

I will probably port it over when DC comes out.

4. PSULightingGuy

Dgaf: Flash the attached zip over any existing ROM. I wish I could remember where I got it to give credit, but it was probably over at XDA via Google.

TheGame: Thanks. Any chance it can just be a file that flashes over any ROM in case I switch to something else?

Attached Files:

5. dgaf98

dgaf98 Well-Known Member

this that the one from the hero that has a transparent background so you can see allyour widgets and stuff on your homescreen? i am interested in one that will show wallpaper and the clock and such like the vanilla lock on flipz fresh rom 0.5.3

6. PSULightingGuy

Oh, sorry. This is the one I'm using. It's semi-transparent with a clock, date and carrier displayed...

Edit: I also found one that is just the background with no clock, no transparency and no date or anything (a glitched line, but that's it) if you're interested...

7. M@XLOL

M@XLOL Well-Known Member

Take the frameworkres.apk and push it to where your frameworkres.apk is :D

8. PSULightingGuy

Sorry, but as my Sig says, still an Android n00b, so can you give more detail? Is this file ONLY the battery meter? That's the only thing I want to swap from one ROM to the other. If so, that's easy enough, just want to check.

9. M@XLOL

M@XLOL Well-Known Member

Do you know how to use adb shell? If so its really easy. I am on my phone but will be home later let me know what questions you have :)

10. PSULightingGuy

Haven't gotten into ADB yet, I'm on a Mac, Rooted via SimpleRoot on Windows and do everything with Root Explorer and Clockwork Mod on the phone... if you could give me more details, I'd appreciate.

11. thegame3202

thegame3202 Well-Known Member

Ok, so as far as I know framework-res.apk is different between roms (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I am pretty sure it will be different when DC 3.5 comes out due to that being 2.2. When we get there, I will pull the framework file and look into making it in a update zip format. I sadly used to have a behold 2 and I made the file for dang near every BHMAN rom. lol. Expect it a day or so after the release of 3.5. Maybe even sooner :) But as far as I know, it will strictly be for whichever version I pull the framework-res from.

12. PSULightingGuy

The funny thing is that I'm now trying to move the same meter to Fresh. DC wasn't letting me use SetCPU quite the way I wanted, so I switched ROMs again. Hope that doesn't make a difference.

13. PSULightingGuy

Update/Bump: Finally learned some ADB, tried to do a direct push from BakedSnack 9.6 to Fresh 1.0.1 and ended up with a FC loop. Even tried to push the Fresh file back, no luck... Had to wipe and restore... Any other ideas folks?