RPG recommendation for FPSE

Last Updated: 2012-10-05 06:50:05
  1. sanspoof

sanspoof New Member

Hi all,

I'm looking to play a good RPG on my Galaxy Note using FPSE and I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to recommend one?

The main things I'm looking for are:

* High compatibility
    * Works well with overlay pad (as I won't be using a controller)
    * Has aged well (because I'm looking to play one I haven't played before so nostalgic appeal won't have any sway with me)
    * Is just a generally all round awesome game!

Any help picking a game would be really appreciated. So far I'm looking at the following:

Final Fantasy 7, Grandia, Star Ocean: Second Story, Suikoden II, Vagrant Story, Xenogear,

Thanks,
    Sanspoof

Advertisement
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Almost anything from Square Enix is good. Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, FF7/8/9, etc.
  3. sanspoof

sanspoof New Member

Thanks chanchan. Yeah, I've played Chrono Trigger, loved it! I heard that FF8/9 have some compatibility issues with FPSE with drops in frame rate or something? But I'll definitely take a look at Chrono Cross. Cheers.
  4. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Well-Known Member

The Lunar saga is good. Legend of the Dragoon is tied for my favorite RPG ever (with Skies of Arcadia, but that's a Dreamcast exclusive), Star Ocean remake is amazing. Pretty much any traditional RPG that was released on the PSX was worth playing, imo. At least I can't think of one that was necessarily bad...
  5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Legend of Legaia is nostalgic for me. LOL.
  6. sonofbryce

sonofbryce New Member

Legend of Mana, Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy Tactics, Wild Arms was great.

Xenogears is probably my favorite.