RSD can't see Droid, driver issue?

Last Updated:

1. DaddyJosh

DaddyJosh Member This Topic's Starter

Somewhat of a novice with Android, so bare with me. Trying to root my moto droid, following all instructions in the "The All-new Guide to All Things Root-related" thread. However it seems I've found myself a problem that isn't described anywhere i can find. Upon opening RSD and rebooting into the bootloader my computer (Windows XP pro 32 bit) says that its found new hardware: "SE Flash OMAP3430 MI". I've already installed the provided 32 bit drivers for my droid, but it seems the bootloader itself requires its own set of drivers. Tried showing the found new hardware wizard where the droid drivers where located, would not accept them. Also tried the search the internet option, again no luck. Something's clearly amiss...

Advertisement
  2. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

3. DaddyJosh

Tried suggested steps...still no luck

4. DaddyJosh

Ok so I've got a bit further....now RSD can see my phone. But thats about it..heh. When I input the .sbf file into RSD I receive this error:
    http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/6028/platformnotdefined.jpg

And when I attempt to flash, it fails instantly resulting in an error as follows: "Failed flashing process, failed flashing process. Unable to retrive initialization values from INI file (0x7029); phone connected."
    http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8105/failedflashingprocess.jpg

Once again, I seem to face a brick wall..

5. juergen99

juergen99 Member

Have you tried it on another PC? I tried it on my PC w/ Win7 and it didn't recognize the phone. Tried it on Vista (same machine / dual boot) with no luck. Then I tried it on my wife's PC w/ XP Pro...no luck. I then tried it on my kid's PC w/ XP and it worked. I did read somewhere that some PC chipsets do not work well with it. Maybe that's the problem?