• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I only tried with rsd. I'm not sure about the other part. I tried from the sd card but it gave me some verification or update error. I actually have a new phone now and I'm trying to figure out the best way to backup the phone incase this happens again. So far I've been told to make a backup with safestrap and if my phone won't boot past splash then the backup should work, right?

Upvote 0
What I don't understand is I followed the steps in the other thread and rsd gave me the xml error, which is why I tried other things. A factory reset did not work so I assumed that's what rsd would do, then I could use my phone again. When I rooted the phone I did some customizing. Everything was fine until I found an app to change the fonts on the phone and when I applied a font is when the phone rebooted and got stuck at the eye.

Upvote 0
You can try and download the file again. Rsdlite should fix most issues. The xml is the file type so I wonder if it was corrupt.

To quick questions.

what OS are you on GB or ICS?
which file did you download?

OutOfPhase, wouldn't it be better to unzip the download and then run the .xml file from there? That way you know the download is fine - the zip file will throw an error if there is a bad download.

That would be my suggestion - redownload the zip file, unzip it into a folder, and then use RSDLite to connect to the .xml file in there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones