RSD Lite, nandroid, Original ROM Backup

Last Updated:

1. pmassey31545

pmassey31545 Member This Topic's Starter

I hate to do it, but I can not find the answer anywhere. I am trying togain the ability to flash some ROMs to the Moto Milestone on Alltel. I see all this talk about nandroid and Vulnerable recovery. Trust me...I have looked everywhere. But when I tried to do the Vulnerable Recovery 'Install', I het an error message.

Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Unable to retrieve initializaion values from INI file. (0x7029); phone connected.

I have looked at Open Recovery, but you still have to have the Vulnerable Recovery hack to get anything done.

So, whats up with that???

Advertisement
  2. pmassey31545

Sooooo, what everyone is saying)or not), is they don't know either? I mean, I have flashed the HTC Touch Pro (WinMo) a hundred times. But this is blowing my mind. HELP!!!!!

3. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

Are you on Telus?

4. pmassey31545

No. Alltel in US. I just want to be able to backup so I can flash some custom ROMs. I got the Universal Androot, and can OC and Wifi tether, but I want those PIMP ROMs!!!!! You know???

5. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

Yes I know what you mean. I had the same trouble and I'm on Telus, so in order for me to do it I needed to flash the original 3.10 SBF and then move to the update 3.11 SBF and then to the Vulnerable recovery and then apply the update.zip. Sometimes in when applying it directly it worked and other times it would not. So now I just do it the way I know and that works every time. However those SBF files are for my carrier here in Canada. I do not know what ones would work for you. You can check the list here and see if something matches where you are....

HERE

6. chada.poole

chada.poole New Member

I am an Alltel subscriber in the U.S. and put down my Hero for a Milestone and I went thru all of what you described so here is what I did: I installed Rom Manager (free) from the market, which gives you Clockwork Mod(this will help you manage your roms and reboot into recovery with ease). Next, I installed Astro File Manager from the market(which is just the file mgr. of my choosing), Then, I did a Nandroid back up and decided which rom I wanted to try first which was CyanogenMod Stable and I LOVE IT. Downloaded CM6, rebooted into recovery, wiped data and cache, but not before BACKING UP, then flashed the ROM. No problems at all. I know there wasnt A, B, and C type detail but like I was told when I first started...."if you are not up on the terminology and procedures, go read some more then start flashing." Hope this helps.

7. buckeye24

buckeye24 New Member

does anyone have 2.1 original rom for milestone????? thats what i neeed