RSS Feed per forum?

Last Updated:

1. CureMS

CureMS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to subscribe to RSS feeds for individual forums? I'm currently subscribed to Android Forums but the number of feeds is overwhelming.

Reading through so many post titles for forums that don't interest me gets to be more of a chore than a pleasure. But what's worse, is when I have to see some of the trash posted in the lounge. This morning it was so offensive, I almost hit the unsubscribe button immediately.

I come to Android Forums for information, help, humor and conversation about my android phone. I understand the forums have a lounge for members to do as they please but serious subscribers should be able to screen out the trash. I really don't want to throw out the baby with the bathwater but when the water gets toxic, its going to have to go.

Please advise on how to subscribe to just those Android Forums feeds that are android related. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I don't use RSS feeds, but here's how I do it.

Obviously your User CP is good for subscribing to threads you've posted in, but for new posts I use the favourite forums tool (left of the screen on the main page of the forum). If you add the sections you use to that, not only do you have a set of quick links to jump to those sections, but it will list every unread post in those sections for you :)

3. CureMS

Thanks for the response. I do use the favorite forums but it really doesn't help me for this purpose. I'm already subscribed to the forums for the sake of convenience - I can open my reader and read as I choose. I'm far less likely to visit the forums unless there is something specific that I'm looking for. That means I would miss out on helpful information and I would end up contributing less to help others. I don't want to find myself in that position but I also don't want to suffer through the kind of trash I saw this morning. That's why I thought the suggestion box was the best place for this.

4. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

It'd be nice to be able to RSS particular forums or RSS your favorites. Will bring it back up to Rob. We've touched on this before..

itmanvn and CureMS like this.
  5. CureMS

Thanks. I know I'd appreciate it and I expect others would too.

6. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but has this been addressed? I'm pretty interested in following forums for the GNex (both the main one, as well as the one for Big Red), but the only feed I can find is the one that shows every thread for this site, which is a bit much.

7. freeunlocks

freeunlocks Member

The problem with RSS support is that it could lead to spammers syndicating posts onto their sites, which could result in copyright violation. If that wasn't an issue, I can see how RSS would be useful, but I wouldn't provide rss functionality on content that I didn't want anyone to copy.