RSS specific questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. ejl2010

ejl2010 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 1, 2009
    I'm pretty new to RSS feeds but I was hoping that somebody could suggest a solution to my problem.

I want to be notified by my Droid when any xbox deals appear on . I figure an RSS reader can do this but I'm not sure how to set it up.

Would anybody be willing to explain this to me? Thank you so much and happy holidays!

2. Telexen

Telexen Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    In this instance, the best way to do it is to use SlickDeals' Deal Alerts.

When logged in while on their forum, use the Quick Links menu to go to your "Edit Options", along the left side should be a Deal Alerts section. You can get an email when one is posted. I've done the same thing and gotten instant notifications via email.

An RSS reader CAN do it, if it's designed to search through RSS feeds it receives...which isn't a high profile feature for them.

A quick tip, if using Gmail, I set a filter for my gmail for their email address so when I do get an email, it's automatically sent into a custom Label (because you will be getting them every few minutes). I told it NOT to skip the Inbox and archive though, else you won't get a notification. So once you've read it, it's already been put in a separate label and you can just click "Archive" and it's out of your inbox.
  3. GorillaTheHutt

GorillaTheHutt Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    i used to use to do exactly what you want, but it died :( anyone know of an alternative?