RTP over HTTP issue?Support

Last Updated:

1. lawnchair13

lawnchair13 New Member This Topic's Starter

I'll refrain from relating my experience with Sprint and HTC for everyone's sake. Needless to say, there's no such thing as Technical support.

The Webkit 3.1 browser is incapable of viewing RTP over HTTP on it's own, which is a no-brainer for sefari on the iphone. Does anyone know of a plug-in or work around for this issue.:confused:

I'm having a very hard time convincing my wife that the HTC Evo was an upgrade from the iphone. I have a few days left on my 30 day trial that Sprint allows and I'm on the fence deciding to return the Evos and going back to AT&T and getting new iphones. If I can't get this to work, I may have to though.

I did find a $10 app in the market that gets me close to what I want but why should I have to pay $10 for something that Webkit should be doing for free?:mad:

I did a brief search but I hope I'm not repeating a similar thread, my apologies if this is the case.

Thank you for the read!

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Hi, Welcome to the forum.

I am going to move this to the EVO forum

3. lawnchair13

Sorry, I thought that since this was a Webkit issue and not a device specific issue that I posted in the right place.

Thank you!

4. Vincent Law

Vincent Law Well-Known Member

As mentioned on that other forum you're on :p

This is impossible to diagnose without access to the page to see what it's doing, what formats its using, how it's presenting the RTP, etc.

5. lawnchair13

not sure that sounds valid but you should be able to see the setup page and what the failure looks like:

[​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]

not sure the approved method of adding images.

This is absolutely a Webkit 3.1 issue, any ideas on a work around?

6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

No worries.

You did actually post it in the HTC Desire Device specific forum though. :cool:

7. lawnchair13

my mistake, thanks again.

I guess no one has any ideas on how to resolve this anyway. I hate thinking my wife is about to win and we're going back to AT&T and iphones where the browser just works... sigh.:(