• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

RTSP not working on moment

I have a WVC54GCA (linksys) internet monitoring camera. I can see the images and video from this camera on other phones (Black Berry) but on my moment it does not show video or still images. It says video can not be played. I tried Doga player, RTSP Launcher, and Stream Media Player, but nothing works. When I am home and on the same network (wifi) it receives the video but when I go off the wifi and on sprint data network I do not receive the video. Even at work when I connect to Wifi it does not work.

Just checking if anyone else is having the same trouble and know how to fix it.

I would really appreciat any help.

Bob.

I have wrt310n v2 router. Since I get video feed on my friends phone (Black berry) it tells me that router is working.

This is a logical assumption so long as your friends Blackberry is also operating on Sprint's network. Otherwise it would be prudent to consider that either the carrier is blocking RTSP or there is a lot of conjestion between Sprint's network and your router.

Upvote 0
Some new development.

I had a old router wrt54G when I use this router I can get a RTSP feed to my moment phone, but when I use my new router WRT310n V.2 I do not get the feed on my moment phone. I open all the ports on my new router just the same what I have on my old router. Also my friends black berry gets the feed from the new router.

I am puzzled. What is not working here. Help please. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones