RTSP not working on moment

Last Updated:

1. singhbxmoment

singhbxmoment Member This Topic's Starter

I have a WVC54GCA (linksys) internet monitoring camera. I can see the images and video from this camera on other phones (Black Berry) but on my moment it does not show video or still images. It says video can not be played. I tried Doga player, RTSP Launcher, and Stream Media Player, but nothing works. When I am home and on the same network (wifi) it receives the video but when I go off the wifi and on sprint data network I do not receive the video. Even at work when I connect to Wifi it does not work.

Just checking if anyone else is having the same trouble and know how to fix it.

I would really appreciat any help.

Bob.

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

What kind of router do you have on your Internet connection? If you can get the RTSP feed on your LAN but not when you're on the carrier network then it's apparent that either the carrier is blocking the protocol or your router is blocking the protocol.

3. singhbxmoment

I have wrt310n v2 router. Since I get video feed on my friends phone (Black berry) it tells me that router is working.

4. Martimus

This is a logical assumption so long as your friends Blackberry is also operating on Sprint's network. Otherwise it would be prudent to consider that either the carrier is blocking RTSP or there is a lot of conjestion between Sprint's network and your router.

5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to the Android Forums community! Glad you signed up! Feel free to browse or join in the conversations! We welcome that! If you need help getting around, PM me, I'm told that I can be moderately helpful! :D

6. singhbxmoment

Some new development.

I had a old router wrt54G when I use this router I can get a RTSP feed to my moment phone, but when I use my new router WRT310n V.2 I do not get the feed on my moment phone. I open all the ports on my new router just the same what I have on my old router. Also my friends black berry gets the feed from the new router.

I am puzzled. What is not working here. Help please. :(

7. singhbxmoment

anything anyone

8. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Hello and Welcome to Android Forums!!

9. singhbxmoment

OK. I updated my phone to the lastest update. Some required update thru computer and then use Opera browser and it started to work. Now I can see my camera stream on my phone.

10. Martimus

Awesome! Congratulations on getting your issue resolved! :cool: