1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Rtto your PRECEDENT

1. davew41

davew41 Active Member

Here is the one I made that is also posted on the prevail forum
    THIS IS STRICTLY FOR THE PRECEDENT

you can grab my whole rooted suite via this link this is for the Straight Talk precedent not the boost mobile prevail
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    it will surely root your phone just follow the readme..

Advertisement
    :
  2. PoorBoy52760

PoorBoy52760 Well-Known Member

i used this the day i found it on the prevail forum and it worked perfectly my phone is rooted and i can do so much more with it, infact i am posting this off my rooted precedent using wifi tether to connect to the internet..:)
  3. TwistedRotors

TwistedRotors New Member

Just rooted my Precedent, thanks for making it so easy. I did have to log out of Linux and boot Windows but I guess nothing is perfect. Lol!
    -John
  4. jaburns180

jaburns180 Active Member

Can you root using your phone or do you need a computer?
  5. Rebecca928

Rebecca928 Member

Ok So I followed what the read me said and I did it. I am new to android new to all of this stuff! Ive always been a computer kinda nerd so I figured id try it out... So I was able to use a wifi tether for my laptop and it worked great~!.. My question is this phone usually used sprint, is there a way to make it able to use other towers? I have shitty service at my house because its sprint... I know that verizon team mobile etc have great service at my house- so I was wondering if thats possible, also now that my phone is "rooted" I can tether my question is what other things can I do? And how lol I am so lost at all of this and trying to learn
  6. Rebecca928

Rebecca928 Member

I really want to learn how to do all of these things to my phone... so far I just did what was mentioned about about rooting and got a wireless tether. but I would really love to be able to get better service. I live in upstate NY service sucks here
  7. Rebecca928

Rebecca928 Member

Can anyone tell me if the Prl's go by the area your in, and if so how would I find one for my area? I am in Upstate NY
  8. PoorBoy52760

PoorBoy52760 Well-Known Member

No PRL's Prefered Roaming Lists, have Towers for all over the US in them.
  9. xPureEvilx

xPureEvilx Well-Known Member

I will answer this on another thread.....
  10. tmanschuette

tmanschuette Member

has anyone tried to change it yet? Did it work please let me know before i try aka ASAP
  11. tmanschuette

tmanschuette Member

Since rooting my phone is no longer recognized by the computer... I really wanna redo the root because it is not working anymore but nothing recognizes my phone anymore... PLEASE HELP!!! The phone wont even go into usb mass storage mode anymore..
  12. andrewhplr

andrewhplr New Member

I get an "invalid image type" message whenever I place the pda.tar in the PDA box. Is this normal and should I proceed with the flashing? Which options need to be checked, and which components go in which box?
  13. PreDroid012

PreDroid012 New Member

so what are some things that wont be erased when i root my phone?
  14. mathbud1

mathbud1 New Member

So.... Since Megaupload has gone the way of the Dodo, is there any other way to get the rooted stock image?
  15. ktez

ktez Well-Known Member

I am wondering this too! Any chance someone who has the file can share it? I'm trying to root my daughter's phone for her....
  16. xPureEvilx

I uploaded Rtto by davew41 to one of my websites:

http://dnmwebhosts.com/rtto/

This is not a direct link to the file.... yes I am being greedy and forcing you to goto my site, but hey Iam trying to run a business. =)
    brotherswing and mathbud1 like this.
  17. mathbud1

mathbud1 New Member

How could you be so opportunistic as to force innocent bystanders such as myself to go to your website to get that download. I mean seriously its as though you actually want people to visit your page or something. :D (Thank you very much for posting that by the way)
  18. xPureEvilx

lol, No problem just glad I could help. I got the space and its a chance to draw some extra traffic so it works out for everyone. :eek:
  19. sillyname

sillyname Well-Known Member

I am not butt hurt in the slightest, thanks for asking. Hemorrhoids can be caused by sitting for long periods of time and obesity, among other things.

Here is another free host that I uploaded the file to, only click the download button, fill in the captha, click again and the *.zip file is yours. No waiting a whole a 20 seconds to start the download, OMG!!! :cool:

http://www.filedropper.com/factorystraighttalkprecedentroot
  20. xPureEvilx

21. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Please take off-topic chatter to PM, thanks.
  22. millerr17

millerr17 New Member

I have a noob question on rooting.

When I root my phone, what will be deleted? Contacts? Pictures? Apps? Etc. I just need a general idea of what to back up/copy down.

Thanks guys!
  23. akashik

akashik Well-Known Member

Using the method above will restart your phone just like it was when you opened the box it came in. The only difference will be you have root access.

Back up your contacts via Google so you can just sync them again.
  24. embreyroy

embreyroy New Member

I rooted y precedent with the kms but when i did a odin install of arearom i have a red x where my signal bar should be and when i try to make a call it says my phone is in airplane mode. cannot connect to wifi, no sound and many force closes. any sugestions?
  25. xPureEvilx

Did you do all the steps in the read me file for AreaRom? You have to do the odin part, then goto recovery mode and do a install with ClockWorkMod, then do a factory reset. Make sure you read the "Read Me" File included in the AreaRom zip. If your still having issues then goto the AreaRom chat room and they can help out (you can find it on there site).