Rubberized hard case. Thinner than Seidio Innocase SurfaceAccessories

Last Updated:

1. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I'm not a case person when it comes to sliders as I think they're just too bulky. Seems like the clips on the newest generation of them really don't interfere with the slider mechanism from what I've seen. So I saw this ultra thin case on ebay (think those snap on ones for the evo like the casemate barely there), and decided to give it a shot. I'm impressed. Looking at the Seidio pics, it definitely seems thinner and is very open on the face. The only thing it doesn't do is build up around the camera. Fit is tight. Clips are very non-obtrusive and definitely a tight fit. You'll see in my open shot the front right one isn't clipped in. I couldn't make it go in either. I had to remove the case and put it in that side first. Here's some pics. I got it for [​IMG]$6 shipped on ebay.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Seidio for comparison. You can see around the flash, volume buttons and speakerphone. It's definitely thinner.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. GrooveRite

GrooveRite Well-Known Member

Looks good paddler! Does it fit in your holster?

3. dbpaddler

No, damnit. Glad I have the adjustable holder in the car though. If I decide to keep it I'll probably get seidio's innocase holster. With the spring clip top it should keep the fit tight.

4. winn75

winn75 New Member

Nice find. Reasonably priced too.

5. dbpaddler

I've had it for a few days now. Am back to carrying it in my pocket which is sometimes a pain with scrubs only having two pockets. But the case is nice. Big difference than the case I used to take pics for the ProClip holder. The phone doesn't feel bulky at all. So I think I'll pick up the Seidio Innocase Surface holster combo and just sell the case. Wondering if it's worth it to pick up the combo for $32 and hopefully sell the case for $19. Or do I just suck up the $19 for the holster and not deal with the hassle of selling the case.

6. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned

I have this case in clear it is indeed slightly thinner than the Seidio case. The only bad thing is the camera cut out design will not protect the camera lens at all.

7. Puddin422

Puddin422 Well-Known Member

Do you think you can get a precise measurement of the overall thickness of the phone with the cover on? I'll ask for someone to do the same with the Seidio. :)

Are you still happy with it? How does it feel in the pocket of a pair of jeans?

8. dbpaddler

17mm on the caliper. Maybe a hair under. I'll tell you the Seidio when it arrives, hopefully by the end of the week. Got the combo for 23 shipped just to use the holster. Will sell the case after I caliper it.

Still happy with it. The only annoyance is having to get the back off to switch out batteries which obviously isn't an issue with a bare phone.

Could care less about the camera. Had no protection with the bare phone so I'm not worried now.

9. Puddin422

Is that 17mm at the thickest part, the lil hump at the bottom of the phone? Or in the middle where it's flat and thinner?

10. dbpaddler

Middle

11. Puddin422

Thanks

12. futureprospect

futureprospect Active Member

Thanks for the pics and the post.

This is def. cheaper than the Seido. I know i overpaid for mine.

13. ItsBenaWhile

ItsBenaWhile Well-Known Member

how is his screen like that? i know im a noob. but dude it looks simple and very clean. let me know

14. dbpaddler

I'll never buy direct from Seidio again. Seeing how I just got their combo for $23 shipped, full price will never happen.
    As for the homescreen....It's launcher pro hence the dock at the bottom with the stock launcher pro icons. I'm using PureCal's Agenda widget with a white font color and translucent background. Same with the SwitchPro Widget you probably can't even see. The white on darker colors has some pop, and I found that wallpaper via google (nature wallpapers). Reminded me of a nature tour I took in Australia.

quick edit: here's my main home screen. not as neat as above. I just wish ESPN had some widget color options to maintain the look.

XTC....how do you like the Seidio holster with that case?

Attached Files:

15. Puddin422

What screen shot app is that?

16. dbpaddler

screenshots. It's in the market. supposedly for rooted phones only, but it works with the Epic just fine.

17. ItsBenaWhile

how does his epic have that home screen is that just one of those laucher apps or is it rooted? i would really like to know because it looks nice

18. dbpaddler

Not rooted. Haven't felt the need to. I described it a few posts above. There's a whole thread about homescreens in the main epic forum. You should check it out. A lot of guys have crfeated custom icons and done wonders with the home screen to make it look simple yet functional. Some have mimiced the wp7 screen but with much more style too.

19. ItsBenaWhile

^^^ well yours is pretty slick!! i mean how would i even start?!

20. Puddin422

Thank you. Been wanting that app but wasn't sure which one was compatible. Tanks!