Rubix 1.8.6 Overclocking Help Please.

Last Updated:

1. rswheaton

rswheaton Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

:( I am helping out a friend who is running Rubix 1.8.6 with the Black Juice Theme and is not able to overclock his phone with Set CPU. I have a EVO so thing may be different. Anyone willing to help? When we open Set CPU on his phone it appears that the rom is not able to be overclocked. Are there other kernels?

Advertisement
  2. dhoffman1421

dhoffman1421 Well-Known Member

I thought SetCPU did not provide OC'ing? I use jrummy's app, well worth the money.

3. rswheaton

rswheaton Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks worked GREAT!

4. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Well-Known Member

Just make sure you do not set your oc settings to be applied on boot ....this means when your phone reboots the selected settings will be automatically applied and there is a lot of instability using oc settings until you find the right numbers that work with your phone ...you will get reboots until you do find the right settings and if you set them to boot you may not have enough time to get back in the app and change them to be stable without getting another boot ....as a matter of fact the first time I was typing this reply I got caught in a damn boot lol ....you will also have to go back and reapply your desired settings after a reboot as long as you don't set it to boot