• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ruby 1.1.1 is out!

well i just flashed it along with the gapps and i can tell you so far so good. the internal storage is still giving me a problem as with all aosp roms it seems. LEDs DO WORK, however it doesn't blink but just stay lit. which is really fine with me because its hard to notice sometimes anyways. i'll report back more.

camera only goes to 3mp, no 720p that i can see. i've found that astro does see my internal storage which is great. has a ton of custom ui settings.

Upvote 0
personally i really like it, better than any of the cm6 releases so far. we'll see how it stacks up against koush's new and improved cm6 when its released.

I am telling you, I was CyanogenMod all the way on my Moto Droid but RUBY is already better than the current Incredible Cyan...... I am liking it. I can't even use Cyan on the Incredible right now.

Upvote 0
thats because we want details. People gave jdkoreclipse shit when he didnt have details or screenshots...

Why would I flash this when all I have is a download link.

well go look for them then, this isn't my rom i'm just letting people know its out. follow the link to xda.

this is a well respected developer in the android community if you don't want to try it don't flash it

Upvote 0
thats because we want details. People gave jdkoreclipse shit when he didnt have details or screenshots...

Why would I flash this when all I have is a download link.

First of all Crimton did not create this ROM, he is simply informing the forums that it is out now. jdkoreclipse was the "creator" of his ROM and he was with holding information trying to persuade people to his new site.

Crimton has no obligiation to provide details about this ROM. Ruby is far from new and if you dont know what it is then you should be googling to find out because it has an extensive history where as jdkoreclipse......well you see where I am going with this.

Upvote 0
First of all Crimton did not create this ROM, he is simply informing the forums that it is out now. jdkoreclipse was the "creator" of his ROM and he was with holding information trying to persuade people to his new site.

Crimton has no obligiation to provide details about this ROM. Ruby is far from new and if you dont know what it is then you should be googling to find out because it has an extensive history where as jdkoreclipse......well you see where I am going with this.

.... I know Crimton didn't create this rom. I was not saying Crimton should post information I was saying the ruby creators should say something about it. And ruby is new. Saphire is not new (however that is a moto droid rom)..
I have been tracking this since they announced they got their hands on an Incredible.
I am not going to flash a rom just because they made a good rom for a different phone.
That is like buying a phone from apple just because they make good computers

Upvote 0
.... I know Crimton didn't create this rom. I was not saying Crimton should post information I was saying the ruby creators should say something about it. And ruby is new. Saphire is not new (however that is a moto droid rom)..
I have been tracking this since they announced they got their hands on an Incredible.
I am not going to flash a rom just because they made a good rom for a different phone.
That is like buying a phone from apple just because they make good computers

Your loss.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones