• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ruby 1.1.1 is out!

not sure about the battery you could try to flash a battery mod and see how it goes, just make sure you have a nandroid. did you check gem settings? they may have something in there that can modify the battery to your liking. and since ihtfp69 is the one who fixed hulu, his roms are gonna work best with hulu.

When flashing those is just putting it on the card and flashing into recovery and doing the update? Still learning. I havent flashed any mods, kernals or anything like that yet. But yeah there is a setting to to apply the % on the battery but I just really like the one on skyraider.

Upvote 0
not quite sure what you mean, you installed google apps right? you can use astro to navigate your sd card, the market should work fine.
lol nope I hadn't, and I figured that out after I read your thread. Installing now :D
I'm a little impatient. lol
What phone app do they use in Ruby? This one is awesome. I hate hate hate the one on the stock/froyo.

Upvote 0
CM6 still has a bit of work before it's a daily ROM for me Ruby is right about the same . Neither are ready for PrimeTime but man watch out when they are these ROMS have insane potential almost enough that I could live with the bugs

bugs? I have no bugs with CM6. been running it ever since 6.0.0. what is CM6 lacking that prevents it from being a daily ROM?

Upvote 0
how? Haven't noticed any differences. except of course all those extra cyanogenmod settings that ruby doesn't have.

well when i wrote that a few days ago cm6 didn't have LEDs working, emmc doesn't mount on either of them so that doesn't count, and the fact that cm6 is constantly rebooting all the time and ruby doesn't. so if your a big fan of reboots all the time by all means cm6 is ready to roll. they both have some things to work out but the reboots is a deal breaker for me, if you're not getting reboots great but i know a lot of people who are.

Upvote 0
BT Audio (which I heard is now fixed) and for whatever reason Iwas getting an insane amount of random rebots and just plain shut offs. I'd pull my phone out of my pocket and it would just be off.

CTJ, what version of CyanogenMOD were you running when you were getting the reboots and random shut downs? I ask out of my own curiosity because running 6.0.2 I have not had a single reboot or random shutdown BUT when I flashed the nightly a few nights again it was plagued with them.

Upvote 0
CTJ, what version of CyanogenMOD were you running when you were getting the reboots and random shut downs? I ask out of my own curiosity because running 6.0.2 I have not had a single reboot or random shutdown BUT when I flashed the nightly a few nights again it was plagued with them.

I flashed it on Friday so I'm not sure that 6.02 was out yet so it might have been 6.01.

I've still gotta try to flash back to 2.1 and unroot and try to figure out what my no mobile data problem is. Once I get that figured out I'll probably go back to CM6 or Ruby they have been by far my favorite ROMS. I'm on SkyRaider Vanilla since it really doesn't have any bugs I've discovered it's just not as interesting as CM6 or Ruby

Upvote 0
I flashed it on Friday so I'm not sure that 6.02 was out yet so it might have been 6.01.

I've still gotta try to flash back to 2.1 and unroot and try to figure out what my no mobile data problem is. Once I get that figured out I'll probably go back to CM6 or Ruby they have been by far my favorite ROMS. I'm on SkyRaider Vanilla since it really doesn't have any bugs I've discovered it's just not as interesting as CM6 or Ruby

What kind of mobile data problem yah havin'?

Upvote 0
no but its very customizable. you can change alot of stuff to whatever color you want.
I saw you say this, and I have a question (I posted somewhere else about this and I can't remember where!!)
Is it possible to put a sapphire theme on the ruby? You said you can customize quite a bit...can you change the color of the notification bar?

Upvote 0
What kind of mobile data problem yah havin'?

Absolutly no 3G and spotty 1x. I've been narrowing it down , it's either hardware or somesort of software problem as I've tried every ROM , Kernal and Radio combination on the available. I'm gonna unroot wipe everything and start fresh with 2.1 if it's working there I'll slowly get back to rooted vanilla 2.2 . If it still isn't working I'll get a new phone from Asurion

Upvote 0
Absolutly no 3G and spotty 1x. I've been narrowing it down , it's either hardware or somesort of software problem as I've tried every ROM , Kernal and Radio combination on the available. I'm gonna unroot wipe everything and start fresh with 2.1 if it's working there I'll slowly get back to rooted vanilla 2.2 . If it still isn't working I'll get a new phone from Asurion

I see. Wish you the best with it. Keep us updated. Wish I knew a simple fix for ya. Thanks.

Upvote 0
I saw you say this, and I have a question (I posted somewhere else about this and I can't remember where!!)
Is it possible to put a sapphire theme on the ruby? You said you can customize quite a bit...can you change the color of the notification bar?

i really couldn't answer that you'd have to ask the devs, and no i couldn't find where you can change the whole notification bar but i was able to change many things under ui settings in gem settings. its been a few days since i was on this rom, i'm switching roms like crazy here lately.

Upvote 0
i really couldn't answer that you'd have to ask the devs, and no i couldn't find where you can change the whole notification bar but i was able to change many things under ui settings in gem settings. its been a few days since i was on this rom, i'm switching roms like crazy here lately.
So what ROM are you on now? I'm fairly tempted to stick with this for awhile but I haven't tried Cyanogen yet...and I figure if I'm messin w roms thats one I have to try right? lol
I have to admit the battery life and speed of Ruby is pretty impressive.

Upvote 0
So what ROM are you on now? I'm fairly tempted to stick with this for awhile but I haven't tried Cyanogen yet...and I figure if I'm messin w roms thats one I have to try right? lol
I have to admit the battery life and speed of Ruby is pretty impressive.

right now i'm on virtuous with the revolution theme. i bounce around between cyanogen and sense roms, and now ruby. yea def try out cm6, once it is finished and everything is working as it should it will be hard to beat.

Upvote 0
right now i'm on virtuous with the revolution theme. i bounce around between cyanogen and sense roms, and now ruby. yea def try out cm6, once it is finished and everything is working as it should it will be hard to beat.

+1... I think my battery life was better on CM6 but Im still interested to see what comes out in the next release or two from Ruby. Im still luvin this rom. But flashing is fun... just get tired of resetting my phone every time. But I did remember that launcher pro has a back up (insert IDIOT here) and that has saved me a few headaches. My poor phone... Im afraid its going to have a breakdown and tell me to f-off and go back to winmo..lol:D, And I knew nothing about that but android is starting to make sense, no pun intended.

Upvote 0
Just to update you , Unrooting and going back to stock didn't fix the 3g problem. So obviously my hardware is bunk , gonna file a claim with Asurion today. Now I'm kinda glad I didn't cancel the insurance a month back lol

Ugh. I was afraid of that. At least you have some insurance to help with it. But now you will have a whole new phone to play with!

Upvote 0
Just to update you , Unrooting and going back to stock didn't fix the 3g problem. So obviously my hardware is bunk , gonna file a claim with Asurion today. Now I'm kinda glad I didn't cancel the insurance a month back lol

Shouldn't your manufacturers 1 year warranty cover this free of charge and without having to file a claim? just return everything back to stock, s-on etc.

Upvote 0

I have tried nightlys and the "official" 6.0.2...and am down to WiFi causing my random shutdowns... I have not installed SetCPU on last few nightlys...then set wifi to never sleep...and my phone would be good for about 12 hours, then I would try to unlock it and it is off... Has happened over 3-4 times...so I am on Ruby 1.1.0 right now and am doing the same wifi test to see if this one has the shutdowns...Can't wait for 1.1.1 to be out. :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones