• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ruby 1.1.1 is out!

+1... I think my battery life was better on CM6 but Im still interested to see what comes out in the next release or two from Ruby. Im still luvin this rom. But flashing is fun... just get tired of resetting my phone every time. But I did remember that launcher pro has a back up (insert IDIOT here) and that has saved me a few headaches. My poor phone... Im afraid its going to have a breakdown and tell me to f-off and go back to winmo..lol:D, And I knew nothing about that but android is starting to make sense, no pun intended.

between titanium backup, launcherpro saving homescreen layout(aside from widgets), and sms restore i can have my phone back to the way i like it in about 20-30 min after flashing a fresh ROM.

Upvote 0
between titanium backup, launcherpro saving homescreen layout(aside from widgets), and sms restore i can have my phone back to the way i like it in about 20-30 min after flashing a fresh ROM.

Yeah the paid versions of Titanium and Rom Manager are a must for any rooter. They save so much time , like you said less then 30minutes and I can have my phone back to however I had it set up with a new ROM .

One thing that would make it slightly faster is if the Widgets would come over also, I also have to delete the non functioning widgets and replace them. Luckly I don't use too many

Upvote 0
bugs? I have no bugs with CM6. been running it ever since 6.0.0. what is CM6 lacking that prevents it from being a daily ROM?
You must never use wifi then. CM 6.0.2 for the Dinc works fairly well as long as you don't use wifi. Using wifi will eventually reboot or lock up the phone for nearly everyone that uses it. I can go 12 hours and it seems perfect and as soon as I get excited about it being stable, the phone will lockup/freeze with a blank screen and not respond until I remove the battery.

Upvote 0
You must never use wifi then. CM 6.0.2 for the Dinc works fairly well as long as you don't use wifi. Using wifi will eventually reboot or lock up the phone for nearly everyone that uses it. I can go 12 hours and it seems perfect and as soon as I get excited about it being stable, the phone will lockup/freeze with a blank screen and not respond until I remove the battery.

This is probably why mine was shutting off all the time. My 3g doesn't even work so WiFi is all I use and I love CM6 but it locked up at home and at my gym both where I use wifi for music

Hopefully by the time I get my new Incredible CM6 or Ruby will be a little more refined . They are by far the best ROMS I've used but SkyRaider Vanilla doesn't seem to have any bugs I've noticed so it's a good bandaid

Upvote 0
This is probably why mine was shutting off all the time. My 3g doesn't even work so WiFi is all I use and I love CM6 but it locked up at home and at my gym both where I use wifi for music

Hopefully by the time I get my new Incredible CM6 or Ruby will be a little more refined . They are by far the best ROMS I've used but SkyRaider Vanilla doesn't seem to have any bugs I've noticed so it's a good bandaid

I think SkyRaider probably doesn't have the wifi issue, because it is originally is sense based and not from source...so far all source ROMs have the wifi bug...Not sure about Ruby yet, as I am actively testing it out...so will see if I can make it lock up or shut off with wifi on...CM has done it at least 3-4 times for me.

Upvote 0
ruby:releases:1.1.1 [CCRoms Wiki]

here is 1.1.1, i didn't even know it was out yet or how long its been out. i haven't flashed yet but i think i'm about to.

LEDs don't seem to be working anymore :(

seems to be working like before staying on for notifications after wiping and reflashing, did not work well flashing as an update.

Upvote 0

Nice. I will have to give it a try. Ive have been meaning to get a sms backup. I just dl'd Titanium the other day. Not entirely sure how to use it yet. :eek:

Upvote 0
I think SkyRaider probably doesn't have the wifi issue, because it is originally is sense based and not from source...so far all source ROMs have the wifi bug...Not sure about Ruby yet, as I am actively testing it out...so will see if I can make it lock up or shut off with wifi on...CM has done it at least 3-4 times for me.

I havent had any problems with wifi. But I did get my first reboot today which bummed me out. I thought that I may have skirted around that. It makes me nervous that it might shut off when Im asleep and my alarm wont go off.

Upvote 0

here is 1.1.1, i didn't even know it was out yet or how long its been out. i haven't flashed yet but i think i'm about to.

seems to be working like before staying on for notifications after wiping and reflashing, did not work well flashing as an update.

Awesome! Flashing now... And will give titanium and the sms backup a go

Upvote 0

i am dling the standars 1.1.1. But how do I go about applying the themes if i want tho try them out. Do I just dl them through rom manager and install over the existing rom and do I need to wipe first

Upvote 0
i am dling the standars 1.1.1. But how do I go about applying the themes if i want tho try them out. Do I just dl them through rom manager and install over the existing rom and do I need to wipe first

i only saw one theme that had a 404 error when i clicked on the link, then the theme was removed so it must not be ready. i've already nandroided and jumped ship. BT seems to still be broken, search button doesn't work right, LEDs just stay on rather than blink(not a huge deal). i got my backup i'll just wait and see how it goes for everyone. the broken bluetooth sucks for me because i just ordered a bluetooth headset.

you do not wipe before applying a theme but i would backup.

Upvote 0
i only saw one theme that had a 404 error when i clicked on the link, then the theme was removed so it must not be ready. i've already nandroided and jumped ship. BT seems to still be broken, search button doesn't work right, LEDs just stay on rather than blink(not a huge deal). i got my backup i'll just wait and see how it goes for everyone. the broken bluetooth sucks for me because i just ordered a bluetooth headset.

Thanks, But when I dl'd the rom there were a few choices on rom manager. My led was staying on on 1.1.0 but showing orange instead of green but now showing its showing a steady green. Would like to see it blinking like Im used too but can live with it. Not to get off topic but when I have been flashing roms I go to the market it has all of my apps backed up under downloads and when I go there it starts dling them automatically. So My question is if they are backed up there what is the real advantage of titanium?

Upvote 0
Thanks, But when I dl'd the rom there were a few choices on rom manager. My led was staying on on 1.1.0 but showing orange instead of green but now showing its showing a steady green. Would like to see it blinking like Im used too but can live with it. Not to get off topic but when I have been flashing roms I go to the market it has all of my apps backed up under downloads and when I go there it starts dling them automatically. So My question is if they are backed up there what is the real advantage of titanium?

i downloaded 1.1.1 before it was up on rom manager so i missed boat on the themes, maybe later. titanium backs up your settings for each individual app so you don't have to sign up, sign in, set up, and redo all of your apps each time which can be extremely time consuming. if you were just restoring 50 apps and thats all yea just use appbrain or let the market download them, but with all the personal stuff that goes into each app titanium is extremely useful.

Reactions: jbeezybaby
Upvote 0
i downloaded 1.1.1 before it was up on rom manager so i missed boat on the themes, maybe later. titanium backs up your settings for each individual app so you don't have to sign up, sign in, set up, and redo all of your apps each time which can be extremely time consuming. if you were just restoring 50 apps and thats all yea just use appbrain or let the market download them, but with all the personal stuff that goes into each app titanium is extremely useful.

Gotcha.. Thanks Brotha

Upvote 0

One more question. I keep my phone plugged in (the wall) when Im flashing. This to my knowledge is fine but just wondering about debugging. does it matter if its on or off? What problems might this cause either way:eek:

Upvote 0
Just flashed the incgnito red theme but it appears that when it boots up it goes to the lock screen as normal but I have no unlock bar... it looks nice but cant do anything with it. i did a backup befor i did it so Im safe but would like to see what it looks like. Anyone else have this issue?

I have not tried it myself but are you sure its not just transparent?

Upvote 0

you're right, I don't. I have unlimited data, haven't had a need for wifi yet. if that's the only problem I don't see it affecting many people. I do wish I could record in 720p tho :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones