Rugged and Active Cases just arrivedAccessories

Last Updated:

1. cuban11182

cuban11182 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just got home and took off one boot and the Fed-Ex guy arrived.

Pics and review to follow!

Here are some quick pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It does add some bulk to the phone, but overall I am pleased. All of the ports are covered up, and the Power and Volume buttons are not hard to press at all. I REALLY, REALLY don't like the part that covers the camera. It is a pain just to get enough of a grip on it, just to flop it down. The holster seems to be of good workmanship as well.

Overall I am please with it and the wife is pleased with her Active. I will still look and see what Otterbox comes out with, when/if they ever do. I do recommend this case to anyone who needs to protect their phone from drops.

Advertisement
    satoqui likes this.
  2. thecrock0984

thecrock0984 Well-Known Member

This is the review Ive been waiting to hear from a user from these boards. Cant wait. Hope its good.

3. thecrock0984

The volume rocker and power button are not covered are they? Also is there a protective screen like otterbox, if so, is it a tight fit? Thanks.

4. cuban11182

Yes the Volume Rocker and Power button are covered, no there is no protective screen, but I did receive a screen protector in the kit. I'm not sure if it was for the Active, or mine, but believe it was for mine.

The case is tight enough, and will not "fall" out, but I can force it out if i needed to.

I would also say there is about a 1/4 inch lip over the front of the phone as opposed to the active, which is very small. I would think that if the phone fell on the rugged face first that would protect it over the active.

I'm still trying to figure out a way to access the camera port. I may just cut the silicone flap off. It doesn't even want to stay put in the little hole, so I have to hold it back so it won't interfere with the camera.

5. thecrock0984

Is the case a tight fit or is it like a silicon where doesnt feel skin tight. I dont want one where the case feels like it moves at all.

6. thecrock0984

Is it a case that fits skin tight or phone feel lose in it?

7. cuban11182

Sorry I didn't respond. The case does feel tight, it takes a little bit of wiggling to get the silicone to fit properly. The phone doesn't move at all inside the case, I was just saying if i had to rip it off in a hurry (dont know why unless i needed to take a picture quickly) that I could force it off in a hurry.

8. thecrock0984

You have to take the whole case off to take a pic???? If I get the rugged, Im thinkning that lens cover is getting cut off!!!!

9. cuban11182

NO you don't have to take it off. I just can't access it easily. I'm sure there is a way to do it, but I just can't

It doesn't help that I trimmed my fingernails yesterday, maybe that would make it easier.

I was just hinting that if I needed to rip off the case (which would be faster than messing with the little flap) to take a picture of a license plate or something.

10. thecrock0984

Thanks for the review and help. I think this is the case for me. But if I get it, that camera flap cover thing is coming off!!!!