• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ruko device That Supports Miracast or Another Streaming Player That Does?

IHaveAnAndriod

Dec 10, 2013
I may not have came to the right place for a question like this.

I am trying figure out what 'Ruko' streaming device to get for myself. I want the Ruko device that let's me use Miracast (a feature with android that allows you to stream content from android to a supported device.)

I like Ruko because of the Netflix and Hulu feature. When I heard the Ruko will be supporting Miracast I knew for sure that I had to get a Ruko so that i would be able to stream the videos from my phone to the Ruko device.

If anyone believes that Ruko is not the best option for this feature please let me know. I really want a device that allows me to stream from an android device and have the option to watch Netflix and Hulu.

Some unnessesary feature I would like is internet browser and Pandora features but if that's not possible with other streaming players please let me know.

Maybe Ruko would be nice for me or some other streaming devices would be good for me. Please lead me in the right direction😁

I think that's Roku, and they do have a list of all supported on the web page. So should any other device maker. You will just have to read reviews and plenty of consumer reviews to decide.

I don't know about the phone, but my Acer A-500 running 4.1 will stream HDMI. The tablet is wifi only. I had stored mp4s on the SD card and the Acer played them through the HDMI port on tablet and TV - No Roku. That model also has a full sized USB port. Could get to my pictures and videos, too. We only got the Roku for MLB and PBS alone. Anything I wanted live, I would have to subscribe to. It might stream MLB At Bat, but I subscribe so don't need the tablet.

Upvote 0
On my Nexus 5, I brought the AllCast Pro app to Stream the videos that I brought from the play store. I saw an option in my phones setting to cast the phone's screen. When I try to cast the screen. The phone doesn't find my Roku box. What do I need or have to do to be about to cast my phones screen on my Roku box?

Upvote 0
Put your legal media in a supported format and stream it directly to a $35 Chromecast.

Best Netflix player on the market that I've used and it supports Hulu and other stuff as well.

If you have a compatible phone, or one compatible after rooting, you can stream your phone a/v to the Chromecast, just like Miracast, but not the lame Miracast.

That's not nearly as good as casting, but if that's what you really want, you may be able to get it as well.

If you got the Roku 3, plug it in to the spare HDMI port.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones