Rumor: Android 2.1 for samsung moment is on the 31thGeneral

Last Updated:

1. drooooid

drooooid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. globalninja

globalninja Well-Known Member

well, my other friend who also works at a sprint store says it coming tonight!!

:eek: jk

Please dont start another rumor *runs and hides*

3. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

Does anyone think it will be here before the Hero's release on the 9th? I think not... Plus they won't launch it before the 1st when they would have to do a full uninstall/reinstall of the NFL Live and Sprint Football Live software.

Look for it at the end of April.

4. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

Seriously man? C'mon. The whole setup to say April Fools thing was pointed out in another thread.

5. drooooid

Maybe, Samsung Moment users are getting Android 2.1 first due to compliant of bugs in Android 1.5. It makes sense because I was having problems with this phone till I rooted it.

6. Greavous

Greavous Well-Known Member

i can only imagine what you guys think or say when you dont get what you want for xmas or your bday. if you were all that you would be making fixes for this phone vs. bitching abou
    t what wasnt given to you

7. pdx77

pdx77 Well-Known Member

The latest rumor I've heard floating around is that it's going to come out on the date that Sprint states it's coming out.

8. Jim W

Jim W Well-Known Member

haha, well from what I have been seeing, that is not very accurate either. :p

Doesn't seem like anyone can nail a date down, ask the Droid users how Verizon is doing with it. lol

9. pdx77

pdx77 Well-Known Member

Which is exactly why Sprint is keeping quiet about a release date until they know it's ready.

I remember a Sprint employee mentioning the Verizon thing over on the Buzz about wireless forums.

10. dbelleman

dbelleman Well-Known Member

I have a friend who knows a guy who's cousin's, sisters, mothers nephew who picks in the garbage at a abandoned Sprint store found a memo stating the following:

Due to the incredible demand and expectations of our current customer base we will be upgrading the Samsung Moment to our
    SUPER SECRET VERSION

Android 3.8675309
    This version of Android will be delivered OTA (over the air) by flying monkeys.
    This version will carry with it many new features and add-ons such as
    A newer version of the Bejeweled DEMO.
    Complete with nag screen at every unlock.
    Super Ultra Multi Touch.
    So you can use all your fingers at once
    Flash Ultra Non-functional Edition
    Let's really bog this thing down

More to be revealed at release date.

:rolleyes:

11. creglenn

creglenn Well-Known Member

I have both the hero and moment and I rooted my hero and the guys over at pda found the Sprint 2.1 real and we now have a stable Sprint 2.1 Rom. I think that if the Samsung community could evolve like the HTC community did you guys wouldn't have to keep speculating and waiting on Sprint for updates.

Sent from my DamagedControl using Tapatalk

12. decalex

decalex Well-Known Member

No way that's OTA.
    And I think they're calling their new all-fingers support: tickle-touch with google giggles. Sergey told me.

dbelleman likes this.
  13. ramiss

ramiss Well-Known Member

Haha...Sorry bud. Even that is wrong. If the next update is anything like the last then it is almost guaranteed to be out before they announce it :D

14. NOMster

NOMster Well-Known Member

Bad troll, no donut.

15. CriticalCritic

Hmmm... lets see.

1- You have a consumer base that gets piss poor support from you. These consumers are vocally outspoken to as many people as possible about how their phones need an update. This kind of negativity dissuades further customers from purchasing your product...
    Q. In response, do you allocate more resources to fix the problem? Or allow them to continue to promote bad publicity for your product?

2- You have a consumer base that gets piss poor support from you. These consumers shut up and take it when they do not get any support. There is no negative publicity, and in fact, the deafening silence may lead you to think that there isn't even a problem in the first place...
    Q. In response, do you allocate costly resources to fix a problem that is not effecting you in any negative way? Or do you just let it slide, and divert resources from that product to another with a huge outcry from that consumer community?

I understand that you are viciously advocating for option #2. But WHY?:confused:
    Unless you are a masochist, you should do what is in your best interest...

So to everyone that is bitching about people bitching, why are you trying to harm our community? Do you really expect, that in response to negative publicity, a business will quickly release an even worse product to appease consumers (and thus cause FURTHER outcry)?

Or would that business divert resources from programming the bada (or whatever the hell it's called) in order to get the good product produced even sooner and thus halt the negative outcry (or more likely, encourage positive support)?

Assuming this business is a successful one (doesn't even need to be the #1 seller in the US). They WILL understand this concept, and WILL choose the latter. So instead of bitching about people bitching, please join us and let Samsung know that this crap is unacceptable! I am the squeaky wheel and I want my MOTHER F&#($&@ GREASE!:cool:

souljah335, ramiss and pastafarian like this.
  16. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

How about a nice can of WD40?:p

And I thought I was too verbose.:eek:

FWIW, I agree.

latinmaxima and CriticalCritic like this.
  17. htcman724

htcman724 Well-Known Member

see and i heard almost the same thing except that the verison was 6.99999 and that the release date was at 2:30 pm today.
    i will be sooo disappointed if thats just a rumor!!!!!!

18. Solo

Solo Well-Known Member

So if it doesn't come out on the 31st can I stone your friend who works at sprint?

Cause I also have a friend who works at sprint and he is the HQ's coffe boy and he over heard trough the door of a meeting that the 2.1 update will be out on the...aww **** it.

19. NOMster

NOMster Well-Known Member

...but what did he say

*picks up the gourd of truth and follows solo into the desert"

20. drooooid

21. ydoucare

ydoucare Active Member

22. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

@drooooid - Dude... Seriously...? A newbie posts that the update is coming the 31st and you post that as "Official Confirmation?"

Good call...

PS - This is still a complete rumor, but I have heard that the Hero update is all but confirmed for the 9th as a repair center only install (OTW supposedly coming 4/16.) This will be followed the Friday (4/23) for the repair center only update for the Moment with no OTW date yet. I believe that this is due to the fact that they don't want to overload their resources on 2 simultaneous updates. Again, no solid to back up the dates yet, but it sure seems to make sense.

23. CriticalCritic

So we are supposed to believe you, then when everyone is all on standby for the entire day and then the day passes, you will be there at midnight to post "April Fools":mad:

I continue to not believe you

24. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

I was planning on washing my hair Wednesday, so a 2.1 update would be inconvenient. If everyone doesn't mind, I'd like to reschedule to either Thursday 4/29 @ 4:30PM or Tuesday 6/22 @ 3:00PM. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

25. numus

numus Banned

Sprint employees (no matter who they are, even the moment 2.1 test group) know less about sprint's workings and when stuff is going to be released then the average joe who reads blogs and forums...