• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rumor Has It

kolosus

Android Expert
Oct 12, 2010
PA/NJ Usa
Boost is coming out with family plans.

Story is that the first line on the plan will be $55, subsequent lines will be $35.

There are other stories surrounding this... stuff about shrinkage being not on offer any longer, stuff about the iPhone being offered etc.

As I said. Rumor has it...

This is HORRIBLE if Boost Mobile does that. I just hope before they do that the Motorola Photon comes out and I upgrade to that phone and I just pay $40 right now because I am up to $40 right now and that is it. My current plan (OLD PLAN) is $50 with shrinkage goes down to $35. I need to buy another phone anyway and if I buy anther android phone the LOWEST would be $40 and I am on $40 now so it makes no difference at all. If it will be $55 I am going to leave BOOST and go to another prepaid carrier which I don't know which prepaid carrier is good. Let's see what happens now.

Upvote 0
I have spent 18 months with over-priced and subpar phones to get my shrinkage down to $35. I would be very upset if that was now taken away.

Straight-talk (and other carriers) charge $45 for unlimited when you bring an unlocked GSM phone and I would have jumped ship long ago, maybe even to Virgin as the EVO 3D seemed a good value over the overpriced EVO Design 4G.

I can only assume other peeps would be just as upset if Boost changed the game right as they hit $35, it really seems under-handed.

Upvote 0
I have spent 18 months with over-priced and subpar phones to get my shrinkage down to $35. I would be very upset if that was now taken away.

Straight-talk (and other carriers) charge $45 for unlimited when you bring an unlocked GSM phone and I would have jumped ship long ago, maybe even to Virgin as the EVO 3D seemed a good value over the overpriced EVO Design 4G.

I can only assume other peeps would be just as upset if Boost changed the game right as they hit $35, it really seems under-handed.

I don't think they will take people who already has the shrinkage and it is lowered down to $35 would take that away and it is only for NEW customers.

Upvote 0
Kevin. I think Mike is on the money. If they take away the shrinkage that I've earned over 18 months I'd be upset too. I think the ones on the minimum status are going to stay there. They might say that if you get on the family plan then you'll have to leave the shrinkage and you can never get it back... but they can take the shrinkage from me when they pry it from my cold dead hands. My family can get on their own plan...

Upvote 0
I'm on the $35 plan with my prevail. Boost or anyone who wants me to leave this plan will have to offer me the Evo LTE and get it hand delivered by the latest playmate who I get to keep and have her do house cleaning... and... um... other chores before I move from this plan.

I'm staying right here.

+1...Now that I'm getting the discount refills, I just made my 7th payment but essentially already down to $40 per month. Loving Boost right now.

Upvote 0
The iPhone seems obvious because Virgin Mobile already offered it. Also shrinkage is the #1 reason people are switching over. No other company has that offer, as far as I know.

If they do drop shrinkage for everyone, I'm switching to Virgin Mobile's $30 unlimited text and data plan. I can't afford to pay up $55 a month again. It might just be $15 but that's just $15 I have to keep paying monthly.

Upvote 0
The iPhone seems obvious because Virgin Mobile already offered it. Also shrinkage is the #1 reason people are switching over. No other company has that offer, as far as I know.

If they do drop shrinkage for everyone, I'm switching to Virgin Mobile's $30 unlimited text and data plan. I can't afford to pay up $55 a month again. It might just be $15 but that's just $15 I have to keep paying monthly.

$15 adds up over time

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones