Rumor Time

Last Updated:

1. vaxick

vaxick Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since no Passion news is floating around as of yet, I thought I'd at least post something stated by a poster yesterday on Howard Forums.

kjplaysguitar: Talked to a google verizon tech and indeed he said that they have been testing a android phone by HTC that resembles the eris but larger. He could not confirm what the name was but mentioned that as long as the tests pass they are slated before xmas.

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - View Single Post - HTC Passion..Android Touch HD2?

Yeah, we might not have any sources to back it up and can take it as nothing more than a rumor, but it's hope and that is all that matters! :D

Advertisement
  2. yoyohere2

yoyohere2 Well-Known Member

hehe. It's almost like saying my father's boss's friend works at Verizon and he said there might be a new android phone coming this year.

3. anexanhume

anexanhume Well-Known Member

There are actually multiple stories of verizon techs like this. The other story was that some tech had heard of the device internally, but knew nothing more. Coupled with all of the news articles, it seems pretty imminent. My 45-day return period ends on Christmas Day for the Droid, so I have my fingers crossed.

4. Mykpfsu

Mykpfsu Well-Known Member

I've seen a few posts about people taking to Verizon reps and the reps confirm the passion/new HTC phone is coming. I really think that HTC couldnt get the passion ready in time and so the fanfare went to the droid and as part of the agreement HTC and Verizon had to be quiet for a certain span of time (like 30 days maybe) before fanfare begins for the passion. After the first week of december solid news should come forth. I'll place money the passion passes FCC by the 11th at the latest if not the 4th.

5. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

There once was a man from Verizon
    Who mentioned a new phone on the horizon
    He said it was big
    He said it was fast
    It's definitely one to keep our eyes on

Hows that?

6. vinylfreak89

vinylfreak89 Well-Known Member

thats awesome!