Rumors/order info for the One MaxGeneral

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Last Updated: 2013-11-15 10:32:26
  1. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

hey guys,
    so if you know me, then you would know that i love htc phones(even though their bootloaders are getting harder to crack these days:(). so when i heard about this phone and all of the rumors, i'm all excited and anxious.

this rumor from cnet looks promising:5.9-inch HTC One Max rumors point to Sprint | Android Atlas - CNET Reviews

i'm hoping they add support for micro sd cards as well as a removable battery(though i have the htc evo lte and it does not bother me as much).

curious to see how the camera turns out as well.

don't really care about a fingerprint scanner really(if the rumors are true).

anybody else excited about this phone?

Advertisement
  2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I am an HTC fan as well, so their new phones always pique my interest more than others. But I just can't get too excited personally for the phablets, as I don't always want to have to use two hands to operate my phone.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  3. nepathyanbt

nepathyanbt Member

Ya! This Phablet is awesome in overall, I would say it is the extensive version of The HTC one and quite good and wide monitor perfect for picture, gaming and movie too.
    WifiMaxed likes this.
  4. ocnbrze

it seems for me i always go for the bigger screens with each new phone i get. and every time i get it, i say that this will be the biggest i go. but then i here abut the note 3 and now this phone and my interested has peaked.

if the rumors are true this phone will be amazing......still waiting on an official announcement.

come on HTC, what are you waiting for!!!!!!:mad:
  5. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

I wish there was more to talk about regarding this One, or that it would just be released already. Maybe HTC is waiting around so as to not undercut the possible continuing sales of the One, the exclusive Blue colored One *yawn*, Verizon One, or the One Mini? The wait may be dragging on too long for the One Max?
    Recent rumors: I don't much care what the proposed logo and font look like *yawn*, and I don't need another photo of the rumored fingerprint scanner *yawn*

I'm excited for the phone, and may end up with it pending Sprint, but the fact that it is predominately a clone of the One which was released 5-6 months ago, just in a larger form factor frustrates me a little bit.
    I can't complain about the rumored processor upgrade and larger battery, however since we are about 6 months removed, I'd love to see an upgraded UltraPixel camera rather than tech from 6 months ago. Let's keep it rollin' HTC, you can't rest on your laurels. 3GB RAM might be asking for alot, but the Note 3 will probably have 3GB on board...
    I'd like to see some solid confirmation of a removable back, battery, and MicroSD card. I'd like a Black color variant available right away too. I'd really like to see a revised power button, my limited time with the One had me cursing the response-less (physical feeling), plastic, sunken, power button.

I've also wondered about the possible inclusion of a bonus accessory, the HTC Mini+ (not to be confused with the HTC One Mini or other Mini's from HTC in the past). Though my wanting of this accessory has waned after reading the product manual on HTC's website and seeing that text messages sent from the Mini+ have to be pre-drafted template messages. :( I was hoping for some old school text T9 support for times when the touch screen is tucked away.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  6. ocnbrze

7. PyroSporker

Oh no. Me too. :(
    I don't want no TouchWiz :mad:

Maybe the Chinese variant with removable back and Dual-Sim will have the older proc, and the EU/US version with the better one?
  8. ocnbrze

well me too. i hate any added carrier skins....that is why i'll most likely root any device and get me some aosp roms available.

but i'm still gonna wait and see what the official phone will be like and make my decision then.

ugggggg i hate all these rumors.....this one says it is an snapdragon 800!!!!!!

HTC One Max rumor round-up: not just another clone of One - SlashGear
  9. WifiMaxed

WifiMaxed Well-Known Member

Rofl, with-yas on the rumor thing. Went into deep depression about possible s600 (kidding) This one not only hint at being S800 SoC, but already rooted as well. Whhhaaa?

HTC One Max fingerprint reader confirmed, device gets rooted | Pocketnow

Side note, (<--poor choice of word) In a depature from previous HTC phones. The Max power button is located on the right side of the device. Instead of the power button traditional location at the top. I think that will be pretty cool holding a HTC device and powering on/off from the side for the first time. Nerdy, I know, but OG EVO-->LTEVO--->hopefully One Max. Sprint should make a EVO Max! <--Kidding :)
    ocnbrze likes this.
  10. PyroSporker

NOOOOO! I hadn't noticed that yet. :( I see it in the photo though now.
    I'm overjoyed that for the One Max that they are probably not using the same plastic turd of a button they used on the One. It has been one of my outspoken wishes
    (they had to make it plastic and flush for the encased IR Blaster but the functionality of the button, as a button, was hindered).

Will the One Max have a separate sensor on the top with a IR blaster in it?
    (I do not care for the feature personally, but I know many that liked it on the One. I don't see why it should be left off the One Max)

However, every phone I've tried with the power button on the side has annoyed me to no end. I always search for the button on the top, it is engrained in my muscle memory. Especially the Note 2, the location is terrible in my opinion. The saving grace for the Note 2 is the physical home button can act as a 'wake up' button when the screen is off.

I wonder if the rumored fingerprint scanner will be able to act as a 'wake up button'. But then I'll have to consider if I want my device and manufacturer to know and recognize my fingerprint, if I end up getting the One Max...
    ocnbrze likes this.
  11. ocnbrze

i never really played with a phone that has the power button on the side so i can't comment on that........it does not really matter for me......not a deal breaker....LOL

what is though is the snapdragon 600......so far multiple sources have said it is 800 so crossing fingers.

do you guys think that 2g of ram will just be as good as 3g of ram like the note 3 has?

it is one thing that i'm hinting towards the note 3, but i do not know if there will be a visible difference between them.
  12. WifiMaxed

I have the same concerns, but my gut tells me no. Reason for that? It's Samsung vs HTC overlays. Touchwiz vs Sense. Touchwiz on both S4 and Note 2 have had reports of lag issues, impart to heavy system load of Touchwiz. Others argue could be lazy coding on Samsung part.

Sense overlay has been getting stripped down more and more since 4.0. System Resource requirements are at all time low in Sense 5. Hence nothing but buttery smooth experience on the One w/a slower 1.7Ghz SoC.

Example, would be my current daily driver. EVO LTE, with just a dual core Qualcomm S4 SoC and only 1gig Ram, and plenty of miles. Sense is so minimal on it, that I can't see much of speed diffrence from friends/family S4/S3/Note 2. EVO came with SD expansion slot.

Coclusion, Touchwiz comes with features that some would argue as "Must Haves" and I respect that. Touchwiz admittedly has some cool features. The Note 3's 3 gigs ram could be viewed as future proofing.
    The disparity between 3gig vs 2gig and Touchwiz vs Sense. I "feel" will be negligible at best, due to HTC minimalist approach to recent iteration of Sense. Course the above is based off Max getting S800 SoC. (fingers crossed)

Oh no! Really thought the craziness in multi-core mobile world was going to slow down. I thought for sure we had reached point where our phones would be future proof until our 2yr contract was up.

Rumor of Rumors! Octa-core HTC One. Could this Octa-core be powering the soon to be Max? Seriously doubtful.

Supposedly, this took a snap shot sbowing a One running 8 cores. Good grief :)

http://androidcommunity.com/htc-one-with-an-8-core-processor-reportedly-in-the-works-20130923/
    ocnbrze likes this.
  13. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

I'm with the authors of that article though: I call fake.

RAM is interesting. I have no issues at all with 2GB on my One, so here an now would not benefit from an extra GB. So it would be possible future proofing vs more stuff to power. May depend on your usage, but for me it wouldn't be a deal breaker.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  14. ocnbrze

good point hadron, curious if kitkat will really need that much resources or not......if and when it will come to the max or not.

i'm also curious to know if there is a pen coming with the max. i remember something a few months or so ago mentioning the possibility of a pen to rival the note's s pen.
  15. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

I'd be amazed if KitKat needs 3GB. Amazed and saddened, as it would mean that Google had given up any pretense at writing efficient software. Plus it would mean the N4 (at most 1 year old) would be screwed.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  16. WifiMaxed

This one is little off the beaten path, though HTC One Max related. Supposedly, HTC is working on a HTC Max Ultra. 64bit SoC (ala. iPhone 5S) 5.8 1080p screen, 4k ultraHD video recording, 3gig Ram, Sense 6.0, removable battery, and sd card. The rendering looks pretty cool. I have a upgrade coming via Sprint and waiting for a device that is going last 2yrs.
    Here's the link for Max Ultra.

HTC One Ultra Inspired by HTC One Max
    ocnbrze likes this.
  17. PyroSporker

:D
    That was a fan made concept, with prototype render, that someone must have spun into becoming a real handset apparently... I recalled reading about that concept a week or two ago.

https://plus.google.com/photos/112407001948278286270/albums/5923586522150060961

I ran across this one too while I was just looking up that one ^
    Give it another week or two without an official HTC One Max announcement and someone will probably try to pass this off as up and coming too. ;)

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/...5916139361142533634&oid=108387321112454872703
    marctronixx, WifiMaxed and ocnbrze like this.
  18. Logic717

Logic717 Member

Glad to see i'm not alone in wanting this phone. I've even been retweeted by @HTC and @HTCUSA about not commenting on rumors lol.

I'm getting disenchanted with all the news I hear about HTC's struggles and the lack of communication about this phone.

As nice as the Note 3 is, I don't want it. I have an Note 1 and JB touchwiz brought it to it's Knees, yet AOSP JB runs like a dream. I'm tired of samsung bloat.

This phone and the LG optimus G pro are the two phones on my short list and I'd rather pay cash for the GPro than waste an upgrade on it...but I want the Max. Just wish they'd hurry up.

I've gotten over the no SD card, and no battery. I want the design and the boomsound and the light weight sense OS. I'm even ok with the 600 SoC if it means a lower price point.

The closer it gets to the holidays, the less likely I'm going to be holding out for it. Kids need gifts lol...was hoping to treat myself first.
    WifiMaxed and ocnbrze like this.
  19. ocnbrze

welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!

yeah i hear you.....i'm the same way....i'm gonna give this a few more weeks and then i probably will go for the note 3, if nothing comes out yet.

for me the s600 would be the deal breaker......i want it fast.....the no sd card thing would suck to, but i can get over that if that is the case. but i think the rumors are saying that there is a sd card slot as well as a sim card slot for the chinese version.

i love how the htc one looks and how solid the build is. to me, sammy phones are to plastic like, though the faux leather look of the note 3 is pretty cool.
    WifiMaxed and Logic717 like this.
  20. Logic717

Logic717 Member

yeah, I really like the Note3, I just think it has way too many features i'll never use. I'll admit the s-pen is slick, but I don't use it anywhere near as much as it is probably meant to be used.

I do like the multi-tasking, and my biggest factor is the screensize. for me that 5.5-5.9 is the sweetspot. The mega is TOO big.

That is the ONLY concern i have about the Max which is why I want to hold one.

I hear you on the 600 SoC and don't get me wrong... I would love for it to come with the 800 but it's not a deal breaker for me.

Bottom line is I think we're all on the same page about just wanting the thing to be released just so we can even have a choice in the marketplace as i'm sure there are lots of folks like me, trying to hold out as long as possible to use that upgrade.

Looks like a little bit of news just came out:

HTC One Max phablet visits certification, release date to be October 15
    WifiMaxed and ocnbrze like this.
  21. likebutta

likebutta Well-Known Member

This is what I want:

HTC One with a 5.8" to 6" screen
    HTC One design and aesthetics, with dual speakers
    microsd slot
    removable battery is a plus but I'd settle for a 3,000mah+ battery
    Embedded stylus also a place

I'm just tired of Samsung's design forethought.
    Logic717 and ocnbrze like this.
  22. ocnbrze

likebutta and Logic717 like this.
  23. Logic717

Logic717 Member

The more I read about the note 3 the more I cant wait for this device. Even with it's drawbacks I still just can't bring myself to go with another samsung. I just want a simple efficient os on my phablet. If LG makes a g pro 2, that would be on my short list as well
  24. ocnbrze

I'm curious to see how well the multitasking this phablet can do. I just played with the note 2 and the note 10.1 tablet.....so I'm curious to see how htc will address this.

Do we know what version of sense this will come with?
  25. Logic717

Logic717 Member

Everything I'm hearing seems to indicate that the max will be the first device with sense 5.5 running on JB 4.3

HTC One Max clears the FCC

FCC clearance means announcement may be looming sooner than we thought.
    ocnbrze likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.