• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Atma

Extreme Android User
Dec 26, 2011
North Carolina
Of the three alleged prototypes, the source says there is one with a design inspired by the GALAXY S 4 flagship handset, another with a completely new design (breath of fresh air and all that), and a third that features a flexible display, which is the one that sounds most intriguing. The prototype that draws its design from the S 4 is featured in the concept above.

Different rumors have been popping up lately regarding the Galaxy Note 3, such as one that hit the Web a few weeks ago claiming the device will sport a new design, which is what one of the three prototypes at Samsung are rumored to have. Specifically, word has it the design will utilize metal in the place of plastic. Such a claim automatically brings one around to thoughts of the HTC One.

The rumored new design and GALAXY S 4-inspired design aside, the third concerning a flexible display design is the most interesting of the three. This seems to match up with a rumor we heard earlier this month that the Note 3 will feature a super-durable plastic display that is harder to crack than current offerings. For now, all remain the stuff of rumors, but if one of them proves to be true, we

I am pretty excited for this to come out. I really like the GN2 and fully plan to grab a pre order the GN3 as soon as all the size and spec info is out......

I thought I saw a picture of the one that was constructed out of metal, but can't seem to find the picture of it now....that would be great, to me any how. The plastic material of the current GN2 has been holding up well, but I wonder if metal would be better? Or would it dent to easily.

Upvote 0
I thought I saw a picture of the one that was constructed out of metal, but can't seem to find the picture of it now....that would be great, to me any how. The plastic material of the current GN2 has been holding up well, but I wonder if metal would be better? Or would it dent to easily.

I think I remember reading that the pics posted have been hoaxes. Whichever it will be, metal or plastic, I'll have it in a case and won't notice anyway.

Reactions: excav8ter
Upvote 0
Rumor: Galaxy Note III to use the same build as the S4 (S3) again

Phandroid

Sammobile

Dang, really? ^

Makes me want to get away from Samsung.. at least for a while.

Eyeballing the HTC stuff lately.

Not to say the Note 2 isn't great (and the coming Note 3, probably).. it is. Just growing weary of same ole same ole I guess.

Upvote 0

I think both renderings look nice, but I'll have to see the final form factor, prior to making a decision to get one at full retail price.

I was thinking about how Samsung fit the 5.0 screen into a smaller overall form factor for the S4, than the S3, and realized that the jump was only .2 higher from the S3. All of the rumors about the Note 3 following the same/similar train of thought are a little off base in comparison, as the jump would be double of what was done with screen size between the S3 and S4.

Note 2 is really borderline for me, as far as overall comfort level due to physical size. I'm not willing to risk comfortability, just for screen size.

Upvote 0
With the recent falling out at HTC and the shrinking market share, it looks like my next phone will be the note3 when it comes out. And that, isn't a rumor at all. lol

I would go to the note2 but my evo 4g LTE isn't that dated yet and with the new note right around the corner I can wait for it. I think the One is going to be a big flop.

I've had bad luck with samsung in the past but it looks like they hopefully have the issues worked out...

Upvote 0
With the recent falling out at HTC and the shrinking market share, it looks like my next phone will be the note3 when it comes out. And that, isn't a rumor at all. lol

I would go to the note2 but my evo 4g LTE isn't that dated yet and with the new note right around the corner I can wait for it. I think the One is going to be a big flop.

I've had bad luck with samsung in the past but it looks like they hopefully have the issues worked out...

I'm not surprised about the info at HTC. There had to be a lot of butting heads, based on the direction and approach they've taken the past couple years.

Just to calm your anxiety about Samsung a little, I was a diehard HTC guy, until the EVO 3D was released. At that point, I gave Motorola a shot (w/ their 1st Sprint superphone). That was a great experience, until Motorola started moving in the wrong direction (and prior to Google really being able to influence the mindset). I, much like you, had my share of issues with Samsung (along with many of my friends and family), so I was a little anxious when I was considering the Note 2. I've got to say that, since they started making great amounts of money from the S2, their support has improved tremendously in the US. The Note 2 is reaping all the benefits from that, so the Note 3 shouldn't be any different.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones