• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Thanks for the link, I missed that one.

I'm wondering why they chose to go with a 5.7" display (if true). After the 5.5, I would have expected the rumored 5.99" display to be included. Perhaps it was to keep the overall size of the phone down.

I do know that my S4's 4.99" display is stellar, as is the one on my new Nexus 7", it's my experience with those two that lead me to _guess_ that a 6" would be the sweet spot for me. I could carry just one device that way.

Since it's still a bit of a wait before the release, who knows perhaps that rumor of a 5.7 _and_ a 5.99" being considered, will be realized.

Only time will tell.

Only reason I could think of them logically going with a 5.7 inch is to do the same thing they did with the S4, which was pack the 5.7 inch screen into the same (or smaller) form factor than the current Note 2. The reason that makes sense, it's only a .15 jump up from the 5.55 inch screen on the note 2.

With the S4, it went from a 4.8 to 4.99. Only a .19 increase, but the math makes sense in both cases.

If they jumped from 5.55 to 5.99, that .44. That's a huge jump.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones