Run webpage Java applets w/ root somehow?

Last Updated:

1. ericridgeway

ericridgeway New Member This Topic's Starter

I got used to not being able to run a java applet from a web page when I first got the phone. KGS Go Server is the one I'd particularly like to be able to use.

Now that I used this great forum to learn how to root and ROM the phone, I'm now used to getting things I never expected. Feels like an entirely new phone :) So, just thought I'd ask: is there any way to somehow weasel up the ability to run a web applet like that once the phone has been rooted?

Advertisement
  2. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

there's a kgs applet in the market

ericridgeway likes this.
  3. ericridgeway

ericridgeway New Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, it's a pretty decent app as well. The problem is that $15 for a market app is pretty steep, especially for one that is free anywhere you have a web browser in the majority of situations.

It's not that I wouldn't be willing to pay a couple bucks for a Go app, it just hurts to do when a normal browser would do it for free. I was hoping there was a way to run the normal browser applet thing as usual on a normal computer or netbook

4. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

I agree... $15 is pretty steep.. keep looking you might find something for free..I know I have been on some web pages that have Java ads running and they displayed..and Android apps are Java based.. so it's not out of the question.. maybe no one has written one yet...