Runing out of memory!Support

Last Updated:

1. Kal

Kal Member This Topic's Starter

Guys quick question,

Earlier today I got an icon in my notification bar that said your phone is getting low on memory. I thought it was weird because I barely have many apps, and all my pictures and videos are being saved in my SD card. I decided to delete some of the few apps that I have to clean it up and then restarted, same thing.

Now about 20 minutes ago I got a second notification that said phone memory is at the end of capacity. I go under settings and I have plenty of room on storage, internal memory and SD card, no matter what I do the two icons will not go away. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. scottph3

scottph3 New Member

I had the same issue and called Verizon to ask for advice and the guy was no help whatsoever. I scrolled all my apps and noticed that my Contacts was at 100 MBs. I found out that when I linked my Facebook to my contacts it downloaded a pic and contact info for all 900 of my Facebook friends which I did not want. I deleted all my contacts and then reloaded without the Facebook Sync and the message went away. Without the FB sync my contacts run about 3-4 MBs.

3. Kal

Kal Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you for the advice, I will try that and see if it works. Now I realized I can't even text because I get a message "delete files memory full".

UPDATE: tried that and still no fix, I'm taking the phone to the verizon store tomorrow.

4. mpcc

mpcc Member

just fyi, verizon store will probably tell you to do a hard reset...which i doubt you want to do

in my experience they have been less than helpful than anyone on the board here or just doing a google search

they are reading from a manual and just following a set of steps for fixes of known issues or common issues; when it comes to things they haven't heard of, they deny it's a problem (like Issue 1597 - android - browser crash possibly related to invalid SSL certificate - Project Hosting on Google Code), ie "that's not one of our known bugs so it's probably some software you downloaded" or tell you you need to do a hard reset

5. Rosey

Rosey New Member

I have the same problem. I suspect when I tried to sync my email account I inadvertently either copied all my files onto the Droid or at least all the photos. When I try to look at the memory card I don't recognize the files that it lists. Suggestions?