• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Runners Grinders, the game for exercise! Indev and in need of support! [Now with Live Wallpaper!]

Hello all fellow Android users!

I'd like to announce the game that I'm working on promised to be released as of Spring 2012. It's called Runners grinders, and is a game for motivating exercise.

The game plays a bit like an e-coach, while running that is. When you have been out running (or just walking), your recorded route is used in the actual game, which you play once you get home. Here's an image roughly explaining the gameplay:
explanation.png

We are in great need of support, which is why we are running an crowd-funding campaign. We promise to bring you a really high quality game, with all the content and features it deserves, and receiving this funding will ensure we can do so! So please, visit our campaign site and preorder this game:
Runners Grinders -- IndieGoGo

If you have questings or ideas, don't hesitate to contact me, either in this thread or at our campaign site.

Hugs,
Gauss

The Live Wallpaper for Android that every contributor gets is finished!
This means you can already enjoy the nostalgic pixels on your phone while waiting for the game to release! :)

Visit our campaign and support us with at least $1 to claim your wallpaper!
Runners Grinders -- IndieGoGo

It features a couple of scenes and some settings.
Some HTC phones does not support scrolling for live wallpapers and if that's the case, you can use the "Disable scrolling" setting to fix the wallpaper at the neatest position.

This is what it looks like:
rgwall_screenshot.png

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones