• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Running Apps.

DenaliXero

Aug 26, 2012
One last question, on task manager I know that you can close apps you are not using without that causing any damage. But, however I recently when to the apps settings, and clicked "running", and one app was running I was not using so i clicked stop, it said this can cause some problems if I was doing something with that app. But I was not, so i advanced. Is stopping running apps that way the same as if you did in task manger? Or did I do something wrong or am about to? Any apps I should not close?

Now do you have to have a "task manager" app for this or will the stock Android system do this also?

You don't need ANY task manager app. Android has one built in for force closing an app that hangs, but in truth I have never even opened the task manager in a while. You don't need to. Just use the phone and leave the task managing alone. Android is designed to use as much RAM as possible anyway. Everytime you try to clear RAM Android will try to use it all up again. That's the way Linux works. Its faster and uses less battery that way,.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones