1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Running CM10

1. Metfanant

Metfanant Well-Known Member

Synergy is a TW based ROM, not AOSP....so idk if you prefer AOSP or not...
  2. kboss375

kboss375 Well-Known Member

has anything gone official yet?
    I'm really excited to run CM10.
    I have never run them before so I dont know if the nightly are good to go or if they are just betas with updates every night.
    Is it still to early since the news of the unlocked bootloader to have a stable JB ASOP rom?
  3. Metfanant

it seems pretty stable right now...but there are plenty of bugs...and it is quite a ways off from getting an official stable release designation by the CM folks...
  4. kboss375

kboss375 Well-Known Member

I finally got around to installing it, but quick question. I like the Trebuchet launcher they have build in, but I cant for the life of me figure out how to disable the vibrate when pressing the app tray button. Any ideas?
  5. Metfanant

haptic feedback?
  6. nateap87

nateap87 Well-Known Member

I still don't have NFC even with the nightlies :(
  7. cp1

cp1 Well-Known Member

They are betas with updates every night. One night will be great, the next will be terrible, the next night OK, etc etc.
  8. Metfanant

thats because nothing has been pushed to fix it AFAIK

that is why nightlies are not for everyone
  9. nateap87

10. nateap87

My experience with the latest cm nightly: no NFC, bad battery (although still pretty good), and my notifications aren't expandable or collapsable
  11. grossie

grossie Well-Known Member

I've done the past 3 or 4 nightlies. I like them. Subtle differences between them as far as I can tell right now, but so far the important things are working great for me (radio is ok, battery good, gps lock is fast, nice launcher). I don't think NFC is working, which is a bit of a bummer but not so serious right now. It's getting there, I'll keep loading them, it's a fun distraction.
  12. nateap87

How are your notifications? I can't expand them on demand
  13. grossie

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. When I get a notification and I touch it it brings up the app involved. Should I be able to get the notification to be bigger?
  14. tdperry

tdperry Well-Known Member

I would actually call them alphas. Beta indicates that the major flux in changes is done and it is nearing RC status. It is no where near that.
  15. nateap87

Yes. For example with Google music can be dragged down to show a bigger toggle settings.

Edit: you need to use two fingers to expand and collapse items in the notification bar
  16. Tendertoxcity

Tendertoxcity Member

I ran it for a day or so, not as functional as I would like for a DD. It was fast though
  17. nateap87

What issues were you having? My only issue with cm is that NFC doesn't work :(
  18. Metfanant

apparently audio is completely borked on the latest nightly
  19. nateap87

I'll go ahead an give my review of all the night lies so far, the one released on the 23rd was the last good one. After that, YouTube doesn't work. NFC still doesn't work. So I'm back on the 0823 build.
  20. Metfanant

the beauty of AOSP nightlies :p
  21. nateap87

i'd love to flash the newest version of the touch cwm but i believe you said that i would have to flash it using odin but i'm no where near familiar with it. :(
  22. Metfanant

you plug the phone into your computer...pick the file and click your mouse...its that easy
  23. nateap87

really? pinky swear?
  24. grossie

The unofficial released on the 26th is the best yet. Most stable, no bugs, screen flash gone. Check out the thread at xda, the link to the unofficial (compiled by one of the members there) is on page 89 or so. I've been running it a few hours, so far so good. I don't think NFC works yet.
  25. Metfanant

yes lol

i think you're talking about Invisiblek's latest build...ive heard good things...he is quality..no NFC does not work on any build