• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root running evileris 3.0, thinking about changing rom

hey everyone,

currently im running evileris 3.0. yes, i know that there is a 4.0. i was thinking about switching to a different rom after seeing that there were a few different froyo roms floating around. to those running the froyo roms, which in ur opinion, is the best one to use and can someone point me in the right direction on how to install it along with how to use apps2sd? thanks so much. im such a noob...i simply forgot what to do since ive been using evileris 3.0 for a few months now lol.

hey everyone,

currently im running evileris 3.0. yes, i know that there is a 4.0. i was thinking about switching to a different rom after seeing that there were a few different froyo roms floating around. to those running the froyo roms, which in ur opinion, is the best one to use and can someone point me in the right direction on how to install it along with how to use apps2sd? thanks so much. im such a noob...i simply forgot what to do since ive been using evileris 3.0 for a few months now lol.

Having used a couple of the froyo ROMs, I think that they are all pretty decent (CELB, kaos, nonsensikal, cyanogen tazz.) Nonsensikal definitely looks a lot different from the others. My own opinion is that kaos seems to get new features faster than the others, but perhaps I just haven't been paying attention.

Apps2sd on froyo is easier than on 2.1 - on apps that support running on the SD card, you go into settings->manage applications, choose the application, and press a button to move it to the SD card. You do not want to move any app that has an on-screen widget that you use, or any launcher app, or any app that you'd want access to when you connect your SD card to your computer. But there is no partitioning of the SD card required for apps2sd on Froyo.

Upvote 0
thanks for responding doogald

ok so let me get this right. so pretty much the apps i would want to put onto my sd card would be apps i rarely use? well crap, i don't download that many since the internal memory sux ass. plus i like the free apps i can find but if there was a way to get paid apps for free, that would be soooo much cooler.

Upvote 0
thanks for responding doogald

ok so let me get this right. so pretty much the apps i would want to put onto my sd card would be apps i rarely use? well crap, i don't download that many since the internal memory sux ass. plus i like the free apps i can find but if there was a way to get paid apps for free, that would be soooo much cooler.

Not really - it's just if you connect to your computer a lot, you don't want them on SD.

All of that said, including built-in apps, I have 62 apps that I have installed on the phone, none of them on SD, and plenty of available space on internal memory - 61 MB right now. (Boy, do I need to do some app cleanup...) You probably will not need to move any apps anyway.

Upvote 0
including the built in apps, i have a total of 60 apps. and the internal memory i have 21.41 mb. thats really shitty in my book. i don't have that many apps i downloaded from the market. maybe i just have a screwed up phone?

I had the same experience with Evil Eris when I tried it (the major reasons I never used it very long). The froyo ROMs do not take up as much space; it sounds like you won't need apps2sd for space reasons, if you decide to try it.

Upvote 0
I had a brief stint with EE before moving on to Cyanogen Tazz 1.0. I can tell you that I absolutely love this rom. Installing it is just like any other rom. Wipe data/factory reset and wipe dalvik as well. Also, I believe if your SD card is partitioned, you have to delete the partition. This is done via the wipe SD:ext partition if I remember correctly.

Upvote 0
Also, I believe if your SD card is partitioned, you have to delete the partition. This is done via the wipe SD:ext partition if I remember correctly.

It dosen't sound like the OP's was partitioned, but to remove the partition, you actually need to repartition, but set the ext2 and swap partition sizes both to 0 bytes. That will set the SD card to single, FAT32 partiton again (and, warning, will wipe out any data on the SD card, so back it up first.)

Upvote 0
It dosen't sound like the OP's was partitioned, but to remove the partition, you actually need to repartition, but set the ext2 and swap partition sizes both to 0 bytes. That will set the SD card to single, FAT32 partiton again (and, warning, will wipe out any data on the SD card, so back it up first.)

That's right. My brain tends to shut down after long work days.

Upvote 0
including the built in apps, i have a total of 60 apps. and the internal memory i have 21.41 mb. thats really shitty in my book. i don't have that many apps i downloaded from the market. maybe i just have a screwed up phone?

Evil Eris is a Sense based ROM, and from my experience with that and stock, I came to my conclusion that it was the Sense software eating up a lot of space(correct me if I'm wrong).

Going to a CM rom like CELB was the first time I saw my internal memory at 100mb.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones