Running hotter more often...

Last Updated:

1. Android Walks

Android Walks Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've flashed 2.1 DD03, then DD10, and rooted my phone. I've also installed a theme and a custom bootscreen.
    Since then my phone will be at a constant 95F when not charging and a constant 109.4F while charging. When at both times it might be at 95 or 80.
    I've checked CPU usage and there was something(android.iqd) that took up a lot more than the others and it wasn't there until after I flashed DD10(noting that I flashed DD10, installed a theme and new bootscreen in the same hour).

What is android.iqd?

Also, I tried a couple of overclock apps to make my maximum CPU 600 but they don't work at all. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. duratime

duratime Well-Known Member

I know that over at SDX they talk about runaway apps causing the phone to suck the battery dry faster and as a result get hot. I didn't read too much of the thread, but it was discussed in detail. I was having this issue about once a week, and all I did is get a task killer and manually kill all task whenever I think I'm having an issue. I recently installed OSMontior, so if it happens again I can see what task is killing the battery. You may want to give that a try. Also, I noticed that the phone would get really hot when using the USB to the computer for charging. It seems that if I mount the SD card it doesn't get hot. Kinda weird.

3. dreze88

dreze88 Well-Known Member

Do this, I've done this with the possible fix no_jit_restore-v4.1.2 available from SDX and having great results. :D

4. duratime

I cannot find that file or the documentation of it on SDX, can you help me out?
    Thanks

5. dreze88

dreze88 Well-Known Member

duratime likes this.
  6. duratime

7. Android Walks

Android Walks Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I had that installed already and was still experiencing android.iqd problems.

Also, all is better after I reflashed DD03 and changed max CPU usage to 600(for some reason over/underclocking wasn't working on DD10 on my phone)

8. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

How do I use the CPU usage app? I want to have optimal settings with out damaging my phone...

Also, I'm not running JIT right now so will that download from the link above help me at all?