Running Low On Memory but GBs AvailableSupport

1. mienesefool

mienesefool New Member

Hello, my Optimus Elite gives me a notification from time to time that I'm running low on internal memory. And actually today my phone was auto-syncing and updating my Twitter application BUT was stopped due to not having enough space.

But all of this confuses me, as I still have 1.67GB of space and 7GB left in an SD card... I don't think its talking about RAM since that shouldn't affect the Twitter application not having enough space on the phone to store files. What I'm thinking is my phone is just THINKS it has no memory, but it does. Anyhow, any ideas on how to fix this? Any advice is welcome and appreciated, thank you.

Advertisement
    :
  2. giltheissen

giltheissen Member

I'm not sure what the exact problem is, but installing Android Assistant might help. It'll tell you how much RAM you're actually using (so you won't have to guess) and it'll also give you a breakdown of how much room you have within each of the 2 partitions you have on your internal memory card (ROM vs internal storage card). Perhaps you're running low on the ROM side even though your total internal memory looks OK. If that's the case, you might be able to use Android Assistant's "App 2 SD" tool to free more space within ROM move some of your apps from the ROM side to the internal (vs external SD) storage card side.
  3. Murf1

Murf1 Well-Known Member

I'm also a fan of Android Assistant (18 features). What ^ he said.