Running out of space....Support

Last Updated:

1. Tyberg29

Tyberg29 Member This Topic's Starter

I keep losing MBs on the phone's data storage...even when I stopped downloading apps and just used it normally! Where is all this space hogging data coming from, and how can I get rid of it or move it to the SD card? Man, small storage on the phone itself is really becoming a problem.
    Ideas/solutions? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. devolio

devolio Well-Known Member

If you go into manage applications, it will show you the size of each application (including the built-in storage used.)

3. cNo7

cNo7 Well-Known Member

clear your browser cache...that'll help a ton

4. Tyberg29

Tyberg29 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, cNo7, I did that and got a few MBs back ^_^
    Any other tips or tricks anyone knows of concerning this?

5. tamzid

tamzid New Member

Anything iin the works that will allow the expansion of the internal memory I.e. using the sd card?

6. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

-Go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications.
    You'll see things like "Calendar Storage" and "Gmail Storage". This is cache versions of your inbox and calendar. If you navigate around a lot it saves all that information and doesn't seem to empty it on it's own, so I've found that in a pinch going to "Gmail Storage" and clicking the "clear data" button will give you back some of your memory. The caveat is that you have to sync your gmail again, but it doesn't pull everything in your account (that would take forever and be massive) but as you scroll through the inbox it add that data to "Gmail Storage" so it doesn't have to pull that again.

Some other apps have "clear Data" buttons but be careful about using those. In an app like "Locale" that "Data" is the setting you set up for the app. In the Browser Storage that's saved passwords and bookmarks. So be very very careful about that "clear data" button.

-Delete your call log.

-Download Txtract (in the market) and use it to backup your text messages, and then delete them.

7. erbal210

erbal210 New Member

not sure this is what you are looking for, but try using astro. the app lets you back up all apps to the sd card.

hope that helps