Running programs and servicesSupport

1. dcobb

dcobb New Member

I have programs running in the background that I want to permanently shut off. Out of curiosity, I started

Advertisement
  2. xXchrizhurtyXx

xXchrizhurtyXx Well-Known Member

dcobb likes this.
  3. dcobb

dcobb New Member

Thanks, but that's not going to happen. I understand that many wish to root their phone, I do not. While I am technically able to do that, it is not an avenue I wish to take. Just now, looking at settings to see what has been using my battery, I see IMS Services is at 32%. That makes no sense to me since I am not using ANY IMS program. I just thought there should be a way to fix this things, but apparently theres is not.
  4. Bushido_

Bushido_ New Member

I had the exact same problem with my Galaxy Note 2. I turned it off, removed the battery, wait a minute, then put it back in and turned on. The IMS problem fixed and disappeared from the active list. I have no further explanation on why or how. I read all the threads and based my actions on how desktop computers behave. I thought it needed to forget what was running by removing the battery, it stopped whatever was lingering and giving it a fresh reboot . Hopeoit works for everyone. I was so close to factory reset and then rooting my phone.
    Atma likes this.
  5. hypeasfruck

hypeasfruck Active Member

Did you try freezing it in settings > applications > all tab... via the disable button?