• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help running ussd codes during a call/navigating through operator menus

danijelsh

Dec 25, 2009
Ok, first of all, i'm not even sure if i used the correct term, but i had trouble trying to find what i meant. Someone correct me if ussd codes are strictly related to "not in-call" codes.

Anyway, the problem:
Operator in my country has a user call center, an automated system whose navigation through menus is done via typing digits from a phone keypad.
With my old nokia, whenever i type something, call center system recognises it, and i don't even have to hit the send/call key, but now, with a touch screen phone, call center system doesn't recognise anything that i type, and there isn't an option for sending any code or number typed in. When i hit the call key on hero, it only ends my current call, and starts the one typed in the meantime.

Some operator options are accessible only by using this method, but still, i cannot navigate through menus.
Any advice?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones