Running white noise app all night long?

Last Updated:

1. EdNerd

EdNerd Well-Known Member

I wanted a "white noise" machine to help me sleep at night. Couldn't find one locally, so I punched it into Google. Lo and behold, there was a noise app for only 99 cents! Much better than paying for product plus shipping. :D

The app - SimplyNoise - works great. But can anyone see a downside to keeping the phone plugged in and operating all night to run this app? I'm going to use external speakers to save the phone speaker.

Ed

Advertisement
  2. court12b

court12b New Member

Hiya Ed. Could you tell me whether or not this app requires an active internet connection to function?
  3. EdNerd

EdNerd Well-Known Member

I don't use Simply Noise any more. I found one I liked much better. It's called Relax and Sleep. It's a very decent app that doesn't require any internet connection and doesn't have ads. Hey - it's a noise app for sleeping - who reads ads when they're alseep??!

It's free to download and use. It also comes with a "plus" shell that adds extra functions (like custom preset profiles, a countdown timer, and losts of other stuff. Still no internet. Only $2.00.

We use it every night.
  4. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I use Sleepy Time, but it has a timer setting on it that will shut it off after x amount of time. It offers a bunch of different sounds for download and even the ability to combine different sounds. Great app, I use it every night.
  5. canton

canton New Member

Just a little plug for a free white noise solution I've put together. Actually they're just long-playing MP3s and you drop them into your favorite music player.

I composed these myself as a sleep aid when my son was very young. This isn't straight-up nonstop white noise, it's more like ocean waves. Very relaxing. Tuned to mimic breathing and also heartbeats.

Just make a playlist and drop lots of copies of the MP3 on there, let it play.