running with a droidGeneral

Last Updated:

1. buffettgirl

buffettgirl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone use their dInc as an mp3 player while running? (or their X) Do you like it?

Advertisement
  2. ramcharger1979

ramcharger1979 Well-Known Member

I use mine while walking and at the gym. Sometimes it seems a bit too big. I like it overall.

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I use mine on the ellyptical. I love it. I listen to slacker radio and watch tv.com on it. Oh yeah, I also watch movies. :)

4. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

use mine all the time slacker mostly and have no problems running on it and i have backbeat 903 so no wires.... i bought and arm band for 5 dollars that works pretty well (even though my arms are ripping it on arm day)

5. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

If I'm in the gym (stationary bike, stair overlord, treadmill, lifting, etc) I'll use the phone. But for actual running (the outdoor kind :cool: ) I'll use my mp3 player. With the hard buttons, it's easier to use on the move (and I don't have a armband/clip case for the phone). If I didn't have the MP3 already, I'd probably just use the phone.

6. gmaellex01

gmaellex01 Well-Known Member

my inc fits in my ipod touch armband holster. I actually use the ipod while at the gym, generally, but if it runs out of batteries I'll take it out and put the inc in, works fine.

7. buffettgirl

buffettgirl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks everyone! Dh is contemplating getting one after hearing me lust after mine - he's overseas right now so can't actually see what it would be like, and since I am more of a couch potato, I couldn't really tell him what it would be like to run with (on the treadmill, since he isn't allowed earphones while running on post) so I told him I'd ask what you all thought. :)

8. freddyttt

freddyttt Well-Known Member

Yes while walking or running(radiotime)
    also you cardio trainer.

9. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

I use it while running. I had been using the MP3 player function, but recently I've just been streaming Pandora. Much better. When on the elliptical, I also watch movies.

10. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

Use it in an ipod touch case with bluetooth headphones and Cardio trainer...listen to mp3s but sometimes pandora for long runs...freaking awesome...love this phone!

11. GAUG3

GAUG3 Well-Known Member

Cardio Trainer and Pandora/Slacker Radio on my runs.

12. Girion

Girion Member

I took mine with me on a walk listening thru Mixzing and using Runkeeper to keep track of my progress...I can see how it would too big for most. I have a 1GB iPod nano that I normally use, but using Runkeeper was really the point of me using the phone on the walks to begin with.

13. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

I use mine at the gym and riding my bike. I have the Plantronics Voyager 855 Sterio Bluetooth Headset and it works GREAT!

14. bgrutter

bgrutter Well-Known Member

I use DoubleTwist to listen to my Audiobooks (I know I know, I'm a dork, but it makes me want to keep going) and SportyPal to geo-track my route and progress every morning. Used to use my Nike+iPod but this is much better.

Most men's running shorts have a small pocket in the middle of the wasteband on back that is just about perfect to lay my phone in sideways, with silicone case on.

15. Lefort1

Lefort1 Well-Known Member

Biking, running, lifting weights... it works really good imo!

16. euph_22

Yeah, audiobooks (actually I like plays) work great for distant runs. Makes the miles float away. Granted, when I tell people I'm listening to Hamlet on a 8 mile run, they look at me really weirdly.

17. KGBWOLF

KGBWOLF Active Member

I still use my small compact old school Ipod nano... that is prolly the only product I have to support Steve and his B.S. compnay.... plus.. when I am doing hardcore cardio running (usually 5-6) miles I sweat like a pig.. i wouldnt want all that sweat on an Android.... Apples are good for that... :) lol

18. ocpa24

ocpa24 Member

I haven't been running lately due to this insane heat wave but I have run with my Inc and I loved it, just turned on pandora and run keeper and off I go. I only wish they made an arm band for this phone because I haven't found a good way of holding it or wearing it while I run that I am comfortable with (both with the way it feels and the thought of it falling). I definitely don't miss my Ipod, this blows it away for functionality and just over all awesomeness.

19. DWSFresh

DWSFresh Active Member

What kind of armband do you all suggest I get? I've seen some on Ebay, but they're all a universal fit and I don't want my DInc in any danger when I'm biking or running.

Also, which app do you all think is the best for tracking your route for running and biking?

20. weez02

weez02 Member

I was wondering the same.

I currently use an ipod nano and a garmin 305. I was thinking about using my incredible to consolidate the two devices, I'm not sure though. I would hate for my incredible to get really sweaty and nasty.

I also think it would be neat to get Bluetooth headphones. Can anyone recommend a good set for the incredible?

21. OneOleMan

OneOleMan Active Member

The bluetooth headset I use is the Motorola S9-HD, use it with both the iPod Touch and the Incredible and the app I really like for tracking my walking, elliptical, etc is Cardio Trainer.

22. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

I don't use any mp3 player or phone while running. Real athletes focus on the burn, not needing the distraction or crutch of music to get through a run :p. LOL

23. norm807

norm807 Active Member

Do the S9-HD's cut out on you while you are running.. I have tried the Rockfish which worked well, but they hurt my ears and I currently have the S9-HD, but it keeps cutting in and out. I think I might try the backbeat 903 next, or there is supposed to be a new version of the jaybird's coming out..

I just don't know what is causing them to cut in and out.. I must have a steal plate in my head blocking it that I don't know about.. :)

The Dinc works great for running though.. I currently am carrying in my hand( very annoying) as I haven't found an arm band that would hold it. I would like to get one that will hold the Dinc while it is in its case(verizon gradient) so I don't have to take the case off every run. If anyone knows of a case that supports this combination lets hear it..

Side note.. I listen to audiobooks and podcasts on an app called Podtrapper. I used it when I had a blackberry, and the author just release an alpha(still a little buggy) version for the Android.. versitilemonkey.com It is a great app for running and listening to audiobooks..

24. euph_22

So when I see pro athletes rocking the ipod to psych themselves before a race/game, they're actually wimpy assed lossers?

25. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

Yep! LOL :D

But they OK if they use it before...not during. LOL