1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

runstar™ FREE: Great Running App

Last Updated:

1. droidhiker

droidhiker Active Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 11, 2009
    I have been using this running App daily for about 5 weeks now and I must say it is one of the best out there. I have tried others out there: runkeeper, sportypal, mytracks, and cardiotrainer. The only one I currently also use is Cardiotrainer for cycling.

I have currently only used runstar for my training runs and a recent 5k. It is definitely the cleanest looking UI out of any of the running apps I have tried. It is also extremely easy to use. I turn on my GPS, select free run and I am ready to go.

It has music integration that allows you to listen to playlists or shuffle your entire music library while you run.

As far as I can tell it has been very accurate for me. Its accuracy is comparable to that of Cardiotrainer and I have even checked my running route on Google Maps to verify mileage. Runstar has matched all of these. There are some reviews on the Market stating that is has been inaccurate but in my 5 weeks I haven't seen this at all.

There are a few drawbacks though. The first is the lack of verbal announcements letting you know how long/far you have run. I don't like that personally but I know there are those out there that do. The second is you can only do a free run. Currently it has "coming soon" for a time run, distance run, and pace run.

It does allow you to set goals for yourself for each month but once again you can only set a distance goal currently.

All and all I think this is one of the best running apps out there. The super-clean UI makes it the best looking. The straight forward design also makes it the easiest to use. So download it today and get running!