• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Runtime error

Runtime errors are typically server-side, though it could potentially be caused by a configuration issue on your end.

What browser/OS are you using? Have you tried a different browser or computer?

Could you provide a screenshot or exact transcription of the error message?

As I mentioned in our little PM exchange, I can't guarantee that we'll be able to solve your issue but this is at least the mother's basement corner of the forum where the computer nerds tend to lurk. :D

Upvote 0
Yeah :D

Issue happens on Chrome.Take a look here:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

I tried in IE and website opens without an issue.

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Do you have any extensions installed in Chrome? You could maybe try disabling them all to see if that helps any.

If not, a clean uninstall/reinstall of Chrome may help.

Other than that... I'm kind of out of ideas.

None.Well seems that will be the attempt to go for.

Do you know what could cause this ? Could it be anything malicious ?

Upvote 0
Theoretically, yeah, it could be something malicious. It sounds to me more like something is just broken though. Hopefully a reinstall of the browser will clear it up. :D

I managed to solve the issue by clearing browsing history, cookies, cache, etc. basically everything that was on that list.

I tried this at first, but one of advices I googled said that I should clear only the cookies.That did not work and I completely moved on from that step.Apparently it was something else than cookies that messed it up.Now Outlook.com opens up just fine.

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones