1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Rush disassembly?Support

1. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

So, my roommate washed her rush in a load of laundry. After a few days in rice it boots. It gets all the way to the lock screen, but is unresponsive to any touches. (Buttons don't even light up when touched)

You can see waterspots or something underneath the glass... I guess my question is, if a disassemble it and clean it, what are the odds of touch functionality returning?

(I guess its worth a shot... since its otherwise useless... Lol)

Advertisement
    :
  2. Robertech

Robertech Well-Known Member

may as well take it apart and let the components sit in rice a while individually. all else fails, order a new digitizer.

afterthought edit:
    may just have a drop of water in the port on mb where the digi (touch panel) plugs in
    Lordvincent 90 likes this.
  3. Tesla5

Tesla5 Well-Known Member

I've dropped my phone in my cat's water bowl.. after a few days of drying it worked 100%. I think there is a good chance once it completely drys that it will work. Taking it apart might help speed up drying.
  4. Lordvincent 90

Getting a precision screwdriver set in the morning :):cool:
  5. Tesla5

Tesla5 Well-Known Member

Did you get it working?
  6. Lordvincent 90

Got busy with the family/holiday stuff... I am going to tear into it tomorrow or monday.
  7. GTWolf

GTWolf Well-Known Member

I got a busted digitizer on one my mom got for Xmas, so I'll be looking to tear into this thing once I get the replacement part. Any tips you can provide? Or even better, a video?

I've taken a few other phones apart, most recently an Optimus V, and I don't imagine it to be too difficult or different, but I'm always open to tips n tricks.
  8. Lordvincent 90

I actually have very little experience with disassembling phones :D its just for fun at this point. She is getting a hydro today. If by some magic I get this working again, I'll be sure to detail the steps, but so far it doesn't look good... I think she killed this one good

(I actually had my brother do the disassembly... I have fat stubby fingers and I tend to be impatient... :D:D)