• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rush disassembly?

Lordvincent 90

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Oct 5, 2011
grand rapids,mi
So, my roommate washed her rush in a load of laundry. After a few days in rice it boots. It gets all the way to the lock screen, but is unresponsive to any touches. (Buttons don't even light up when touched)

You can see waterspots or something underneath the glass... I guess my question is, if a disassemble it and clean it, what are the odds of touch functionality returning?

(I guess its worth a shot... since its otherwise useless... Lol)

I actually have very little experience with disassembling phones :D its just for fun at this point. She is getting a hydro today. If by some magic I get this working again, I'll be sure to detail the steps, but so far it doesn't look good... I think she killed this one good

(I actually had my brother do the disassembly... I have fat stubby fingers and I tend to be impatient... :D:D)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones