Rush won't connect to computer, broken screen

1. Big Bear

Big Bear Guest

I recently broke my Samsung Rush to the point where once it turns on, you're unable to see 95% of the stuff on the screen.

I'm trying to connect to the computer to get files off it. I downloaded Mymobiler and tried to connect, but to no avail. I got the message "Unrecognized device" so I went to this url and downloaded Samsung USB driver for mobile phones (edited due to forum limits):

downloadcenter <dot> samsung <dot> com
    /content/
    SW/201211
    /20121110030255344/
    Samsung_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones
    _v1.5.14.0.exe

no luck whatsoever.

I would greatly appreciate some (idiot proof) help on how to access the data on the phone through my computer. I have no extra money to repair it, and am getting kinda frustrated. I'm not tech savvy at all, so if you could give plain and simple step by step directions, I'd REALLY appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

1) Try MyPhoneExplorer. (Send it to the phone through Play, then run the desktop part on your computer.)

2) it's possible that the phone is broken enough that it can't connect to the computer, so be prepared for that.
  3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

If the Rush is running Android version 2.0 to 2.3, but if so, then Rukbat's suggestion of remote installing MyPhoneExplorer or WiFi File Explorer would be perfect for a device with a broken screen or digitizer.

Unfortunately, Google patched the exploit that would allow the app to auto-launch after Gingerbread, so that option might be off the table :(.

If you do have enough screen responsiveness to do the remote install, you'd only have to manually launch either of those suggested apps to get access to the files on you SD card.

Check their Play Store details for more information about using them if you're able to get them launched.

Best of luck!