• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

RUU For Windows & 64bit.... It works! Here's how...

OK I tried for an hour to make it work, and I kept getting usb error 170.... I found the fix and it was simple.... When the RUU loads it loads BOOTLOADER driver, when the phone restarts it's self (to the white load screen) the phone driver is switched from the "my HTC" driver to the new BOOTLOADER driver. It doesn't like that... and errors. then you open device manger, and right click on bootloader and choose update driver software. then choose brows my computer..... now click on the bottom link, "let me pick from the device list, If i remember right there was 2 options (something) and HTC. Click the htc and choose the "my HTC driver. Restart the RUU. 10 Mins later you are done. I have done it twice. Good Luck!

Reactions: Tonyj58
OK I tried for an hour to make it work, and I kept getting usb error 170.... I found the fix and it was simple.... When the RUU loads it loads BOOTLOADER driver, when the phone restarts it's self (to the white load screen) the phone driver is switched from the "my HTC" driver to the new BOOTLOADER driver. It doesn't like that... and errors. then you open device manger, and right click on bootloader and choose update driver software. then choose brows my computer..... now click on the bottom link, "let me pick from the device list, If i remember right there was 2 options (something) and HTC. Click the htc and choose the "my HTC driver. Restart the RUU. 10 Mins later you are done. I have done it twice. Good Luck!

WtF why would you do it twice?

Upvote 0
All I'm going to say is I'm using Windows 7 64bit. WOWWW WTCCCXHHXCCXHXCHJCXHJFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!

I was following the instructions over and over last night. I was trying it till almost 3am. Plugging it in, unplugging it. Installing, removing, reinstalling. CCleaner/VZmanager/HTC SYNC (.40)... it errored atleast 10 times.

I wake up just now to go to work, turn the shower on and figure, what the hell, let me try it again. I turn the computer on, uninstall HTC SYNC, reinstall it, plug my phone in, open RUU, and IT WORKEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!

Unreal. I hate computers. I'M ON 2.2 BABAY!!

Thanks for your help people. (to those who helped last night!)

...now off to work :(

Upvote 0
All I'm going to say is I'm using Windows 7 64bit. WOWWW WTCCCXHHXCCXHXCHJCXHJFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!

I was following the instructions over and over last night. I was trying it till almost 3am. Plugging it in, unplugging it. Installing, removing, reinstalling. CCleaner/VZmanager/HTC SYNC (.40)... it errored atleast 10 times.

I wake up just now to go to work, turn the shower on and figure, what the hell, let me try it again. I turn the computer on, uninstall HTC SYNC, reinstall it, plug my phone in, open RUU, and IT WORKEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!

Unreal. I hate computers. I'M ON 2.2 BABAY!!

Thanks for your help people. (to those who helped last night!)

...now off to work :(

Damn no shit man, I'm S-OFF so I haven't needed to do the RUU but if I ever need to send the phone back I will, and I know I get the error. I will remember this down the road to try in case I get to the point of no return. thanks bro.

Upvote 0
Damn no shit man, I'm S-OFF so I haven't needed to do the RUU but if I ever need to send the phone back I will, and I know I get the error. I will remember this down the road to try in case I get to the point of no return. thanks bro.

Yeah, its frustrating as hell but the end is worth it.

1 thing I did screw up was saving a bunch of numbers. I got about 75% through the Facebook sync but theres a bunch of numbers I lost from chicks at the bar! LMAO. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones